Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When attacking a Drop Pod in close combat the turn after it drops in, do you hit on 6's or automatically?

It counts as moving at cruising speed when it comes in, however immobile vehicles are hit automatically in close combat....

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
When attacking a Drop Pod in close combat the turn after it drops in, do you hit on 6's or automatically?

It counts as moving at cruising speed when it comes in, however immobile vehicles are hit automatically in close combat....
Yes they are, doesn't matter how far they moved :)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The answer is in the book BRB pg63 left hand column in the table,

Attacking a vehicle that IS immobilized OR was stationary in it's previous turn

Automatic hit
As soon as a drop pod lands it's immobilised, it doeasn't "count as" moving at cruising speed in the previous turn, it has all it's own rules. In fact if it counted as cruising then the models couldn't get out.

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so following along the same lines...

The opponent moves a Rhino 12" in their turn.
During my turn, i immobilize the vehicle using a Meltagun, and then proceed to assault it.

I will be automatically hitting it in close combat, even though it moved at cruising speed, correct?

·
Registered
466 Posts
correct, even if u immobilize it lets say...in close combat at initiative 4, then ur powerfist at I1 is autohitting it.

edit: you should note that this doesnt apply if the vehicle is shaken/stunned, u still need a 6 to hit even if it cant move in the following turn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts