Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at the club this weekend playing against a drop pod army. I let him shoot the drop pods on the turn it deep strikes because of fluff reasons. however twice i got immobilization result on different drop pods. both times i argued that it becomes a weapon destroyed. he argued otherwise despite the fact that once a drop pod lands it counts as being immobilized.

so to ask the question:
If a drop pod is hit with an immobilization on the vehicle chart, does it lose its weapon?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Unless it was a Black Templar army that you were facing ... you got screwed. They are the only SM army that gets to fire drop pods the turn they enter. And cheese is correct ... pg 61 of the BRB verifies it.
Not true Space Wolves do it too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What people mean to say, to help you out if you're not particularly familiar with Deep Strike rules, is that on the turn any vehicle has entered by way of Deep Strike it counts as having moved at cruising speed. Since Space Wolf Drop Pods are neither fast nor have any special rules to allow them to shoot after moving at cruising speed, they cannot shoot on the turn that they enter play.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think he is aware of the fact that they cant shoot according to the rules. But he said he LET his opponent fire due to fluff reasons, more power to him, mass correcting him when you clearly didnt even read his post seems a little counter productive.

Deleting and reporting the extra two was the right thing; merged them to get rid of the delete tags. - darkreever

1 - 7 of 7 Posts