Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say I have two drop pods one comes in with a squad first turn. Can I have the pod drop empty and have the squad walk on combat squaded.
Then turn 2 comes and I roll a 4+ so my dread w/ pod comes in can I have my dread walk on and the pod drop empty or do I have to have him in the pod?

I assume that I cant combat squad half a squad in the pod and the other half walks on.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
In the simplest terms yes, you can do all of teh above.... but you cant decide to do it after deployment is over.

During deployment you dont have a choice but to leave drop pods off the table, but the unit that own them arent forced to be in them. You can deploy them normally, have them in reserve or have them in reserve in the drop pods... with the squad you can combat squad as normal if not in the pod but you must do this during deployment as well as then can only combat squad in deployment or when they emmerge from the drop pod (which you arent in, so cannot disembark from).

hope that helps

·
Registered
384 Posts
you can deploy you pods however you want empty or with troops embarked

you cannot combat squads with half of them being in the pod, i think it says this is the pod section of the sm codex

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
you can deploy you pods however you want empty or with troops embarked

you cannot combat squads with half of them being in the pod, i think it says this is the pod section of the sm codex

hope this helps
The squad arrives together in it's entirety if using a drop pod. The unit can then be broken into combat squads when they disembark from the pod. Page 51 in the C:SM under COMBAT SQUADS.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So lets say its turn two my first drop pod landed and I still have one in reserve with a dreadnought, does that dreadnought have to take the drop pod or can he just walk on the board and have the pod drop empty?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You state during deployment what its doing - either walking on, or dropping in. once deployment is over you cannot change your mind.

But it doesn't have to start in the pod if you don't want it to... ie you have one tac squad in a pod and one dread in a pod. you can drop the tac squad and have the dreadnought walk on from 'normal' reserve and leave an empty drop pod to come down seperately, but you need to specify all of ths during the deployment phase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts