Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this has been said b4 as i am pretty sure i saw it but i can't find it now:search:

In the tau codex under drones it says:

Drones under the command of a drone controller are counted when assessing if the unit they are with should take a morale check having taken 25% casualties, They are similarly counted when determining if the unit is strong enough to claim an objective. If thier unit suffers losses, drones are counted when determining if it is below 50% for victory point purposes.

a couple of things:

Example a broadside has a shield drone with it for protection (so a unit of 2),

Question 1: Does this mean that if the drone dies the broadside will have to take a morale test?

Example a unit of a shas'o commander with 2 shield drones

Question 2: If both the drones die and the commander fails his morale check and flees in his next turn does he count as below 50% unit strength meaning he can't rally?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
it says they are counted when taking the test but not after. The other rules have little effect. the 2nd no longer exisits(being strogn enought to capture objectives) and we have no victory points anymore.

1 - Yes. It says they count for the test however sicne they are an upgrade and not part of the unit per say he will be able to rally.
2 - He can rally as i see it. In the codex it says that Drones count as a unit with the IC and the IC him self cna join a unit meaning if he leave or joins then the drone do too. As i stated before drones just mean do i have to take a test and not can i rally.

You may need to double cheak with other people as i'm only about 70% sure on this

·
Registered
468 Posts
1, the broadside will have to take a test @jaws you have to be under 50% to be unable to rally.

2, the commander is an IC is he not? all IC's that are on thier own have the option of rallying (don't have my brb to hand anyone have a page number?). Note the IC cannot rally if attatched to another unit.

i'm pretty damn sure that is 100% correct.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2, the commander is an IC is he not? all IC's that are on thier own have the option of rallying (don't have my brb to hand anyone have a page number?). Note the IC cannot rally if attatched to another unit.

i'm pretty damn sure that is 100% correct.
ahh yer he is an IC my bad really was a crap example but just a normal battle suit then in the same situation what would happen?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coolio thanks all for your help thats the answers i was expecting tbh but wanted to make sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts