Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just a question, has anyone ever ripped out the insides of a Drop Pod to make it a Dreadnought Drop Pod?? I've thought about doing it but I'm not sure. Anything to say??

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yep, seen quite a few actually, although the dread is still to big to fit between the gaps in the doors.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Margnus I know what you mean. You want to represent a dreadnought drop pod without having to buy a forgeworld one.

Two options:

1. Convert/Scratch build
2. Rip out the insides of one already built/Don't put the insides in when you are building it

I took option two (both methods). You will never fit a dreadnought inside the pod, but you dont need to. As soon as the drop pod lands the dreadnought gets out. Stripping the insides isn't difficult; clippers, pliers and you will be fine!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that is what I meant Epatus, it just looks weird.. All those spots for Marines and a Dread comes out. King Gary haha that is very true. They are way too expensive.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I have 6 of the plastic Drop Pods..4 are for Infantry, 2 for Dreads, and the Dread ones were built minus the innards, so Dickheads that used to try and argue that the Dreads couldn't fit inside would have a visual reference as to why they could (even though they physically can't)...yes I used to face opponents with that mindset.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
@ chromedog: What did you use to make them??

@ HOBO: People really do that? Wow..
Stiff card and foamboard for the most part. The templates are easy to follow.

I have one for each unit in my Full SM army that can use them (company plus attached assets) - 15 in all. ONE is a GW model, three are the miniature scenery troop landers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts