Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just a question, has anyone ever ripped out the insides of a Drop Pod to make it a Dreadnought Drop Pod?? I've thought about doing it but I'm not sure. Anything to say??

Cheers.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,179 Posts
not sure why you need to rip out the insides?, the dread will never actually ride in it, after all you dont actually try and stuff ten marines in it do you? just use it as it is and let your opponent know that its carrying the dread .

·
Registered
493 Posts
Margnus I know what you mean. You want to represent a dreadnought drop pod without having to buy a forgeworld one.

Two options:

1. Convert/Scratch build
2. Rip out the insides of one already built/Don't put the insides in when you are building it

I took option two (both methods). You will never fit a dreadnought inside the pod, but you dont need to. As soon as the drop pod lands the dreadnought gets out. Stripping the insides isn't difficult; clippers, pliers and you will be fine!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Search for the French drop pod templates.

They are functionally identical to the FW 3 door dread pods.
With gubbins and bits, they can be made to look so close as to be indistinguishable.

They're also cheap to make and do the job.

Mine cost me around $2-3 each to make in materials.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I have 6 of the plastic Drop Pods..4 are for Infantry, 2 for Dreads, and the Dread ones were built minus the innards, so Dickheads that used to try and argue that the Dreads couldn't fit inside would have a visual reference as to why they could (even though they physically can't)...yes I used to face opponents with that mindset.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
@ chromedog: What did you use to make them??

@ HOBO: People really do that? Wow..
Stiff card and foamboard for the most part. The templates are easy to follow.

I have one for each unit in my Full SM army that can use them (company plus attached assets) - 15 in all. ONE is a GW model, three are the miniature scenery troop landers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.