Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hq

Librarian(powers:Blood Lance,Shield of Sanguinius ) -100

Ellites

Furioso Dread - has 2 bloodfists +magna grapple - 140

Furios Librarian-(powers:Blood Lance,Wings of S.) -175

Furios Librarian-(powers:Blood Lance,Shield of Sanguinius) -175 - i don't know if i can take Magna grapple on them,because they say i have to lose all my wargear for a blood fist and a power sword-maybe you can enlighten me

Troops

10-death company -200

Death Comp Dread -magna grapple -140(blood talons)

Death Comp Dread-magna grapple -140(blood talons)

Heavy Support

Dread - TL/LC + ML - 140

Dread - TL/LC + ML - 140

Dread- Plasma Cannon + ML - 120

7 Drop pods - 245

35 points left for special weapons for the death company squad

·
Registered
324 Posts
no, you cant take magna grapples.

I dont know what you plan on doing with this army, but theres two big problems i see.
1. Horde armies will eat you alive. you just dont have enough ahots/attacks to deal with something like Orks.
2. you have virtually no scoring units, the best you can ever do is pull out a tie.

i would honestly take those heavy dreads and make them dakka dreds.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep, the no scoring part is kind of a trouble. That said, with three blood talon dreadnoughts he'll cut through hordes just fine.

Looks like a fun for-fun-games type of list!

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I think you should screw the Furrioso Blood Fist and go with Talons, im sorry but its free and you can rip most standard infantry apart more often than not. Since that way you can deal with Horde armys nicely sicne you have 3 of them :) But if im honest id drop a Pod and at least 1 of those because yes you can drop pod in but they cant assult so all those Blood Talons are faily usuless and will have to take a round of shooting either if you Drop in or footslog.

But i agree about making the Heavy Dreads Dakka Dreads :)

And why does everyone care about Scoring!? Im working on a DC list and its the most fun ive had in a while, who gives a damn if they cant score, if they kill then no problem plus they can still contest which is better than nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.