Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the dreadnought from AOBR and wanted to change the multi-melta arm into a twin-linked lascannon. Rather than trying to buy another arm, I figured I would try and practice some converting first but I'm not sure what to use or do. Buying another arm is only going to be a last resort (even if it ends up cheaper).

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Bah, spelled dreadnought wrong in the title, though I'm probably the only one who cares.:p

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
i suppose it would depend on if you wanted to use the melta arm in the conversion or if you still wanted that left alone? to convert the melta arm to a lascanon would be fairly easy, cut off the heat shield from the barrel, get two legths of tube, stick them on to the arm, then two slightly wider tubes cut at an angel on one end ala las canon., but if you need to scratch build the arm as well then that would be more difficult.
if your interested i have 1 dread las canon in stock for £4,which may be the best option if you havent converted anything before, after all if you mess up the melta arm in the process your dreads gonna "armless"
http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/dreadnought-twin-lascannon-p-458.html

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I agree with the comment above. Get the two sizes of plasticard tube that fit inside each other and it should be fairly easy. Alternatively recover some lascannon barrels from the IG hw teams. Any guard players should have some lying around.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I was going to use the "shoulder" from the multi-melta arm just to clear things up. I think I might have found a solution in the 10 minutes I spent looking through all of my left over bits.

A space marine sprue I have is semicircular and about the right width for a lascannon barrel. I'll stick two sections together and do some green stuff for detail and the end of the barrel before I attempt to put it on the arm (in case I screw it up).

If that fails its off to the hobby store to get some plasticard, or a fast food restaurant for some straws.

If anybody is interested I'll try and put up some pictures when its finished.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
To be honest, I'd just leave it as a multi melta. Its designed to be a CC dread, due to the Melta being most effective within 12", also drop podding it in is your best bet.

But, on topic, I do suggest getting a rod of plasticard and cutting it at an angle on the end. That way you have the lascannon look.

·