Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occured to me that they really ought to make a Space Marine dreadnought squadron datasheet. I'd do it something along these lines... what do you think?

75+models

Formation: 1 Venerable Dreadnought and between 2 and 4 Dreadnoughts

Fidelis Post Mortem: As long as the Venerable Dreadnought is not immobilized or destroyed, all dreadnoughts in the formation ignore Stunned and Shaken results.

Strike Force: All units in the formation must enter the table within 12'' of the point in which the Venerable Dreadnought enters when the formation becomes available from Strategic Reserve.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Came home today, and to my surprise. The IA Apocalypse book was awaiting me. I mean I only placed the order Sunday. So thumbing through it, I come across something that Son of Horus would be interested in.

ANCIENTS ASSAULT FORCE

50+ models

Formation:
1+ Techmarine
3+ Dreads any variants

Tech and Dreads must be chosen from same Codex

Special Rules:

Strike force: All must enter within 12" of Tech or were Tech entered

Wisdom of Ancients: Gains Flank March as well as normal assets

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
thats a pretty cool idea, i'll use one :so_happy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Came home today, and to my surprise. The IA Apocalypse book was awaiting me. I mean I only placed the order Sunday. So thumbing through it, I come across something that Son of Horus would be interested in.

ANCIENTS ASSAULT FORCE

50+ models

Formation:
1+ Techmarine
3+ Dreads any variants

Tech and Dreads must be chosen from same Codex

Special Rules:

Strike force: All must enter within 12" of Tech or were Tech entered

Wisdom of Ancients: Gains Flank March as well as normal assets
will it work for chaos as well if you add the crazed Special Rule to it :good: just think of the conveshions

·
Registered
466 Posts
Dreadnought herd? Brilliant!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem with the Space Marine Ancient Assault Force formation is that there are not enough Dreadnoughts in it!

I would like to see double the number and have them lead by a Venerable Dreadnought rather than a Techmarine.

If I could use Bjorn as the leader and six Dreadnoughts to back him up, I could see that being a viable unit to hunt SHT's on the back of the table, much like Wolf Scouts use 'Behind Enemy Lines' in standard games.

More Dreadnoughts = more hurt.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Iron Wall of Death

Formation: 100+ Dreadnaughts of your choosing.

Power in Numbers: All Dreadnaught shooting weapons count as Strength D when firing :laugh:

·
Registered
418 Posts
75+models

Formation: 1 Venerable Dreadnought and between 2 and 4 Dreadnoughts
I think it could be made better if the leader (here the venerable dreadnought) could be any dreadnought variant. This would open it up for SW to use Bjorn, BA to use libby dreads as well as the FW chaplain dreadnought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts