Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a weird question to be asking, but... I'm looking into buying some bits to fix up my Dreadnaught since the power supply is messed up. Does the power supply component from all of the other Dreadnaughts match each other? For that matter isn't it just the torso that is different but all the other parts essentially the same size and proportion? Reason being is someone has a Venerable Dreadnought power supply bit so I was hoping it would work with my regular Dreadnaught..

(BTW, I couldn't decide if this fit exactly in this topic so I went for it...:laugh:)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If you're ever not sure where something goes, General 40k is a good place to try. Worst case scenario is that a mod moves the thread.

I'm pretty sure they're the same size, I see no reason for them no to be, if they're the same 'model' of Dreadnought body then it should work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking too, but since I don't personally have bits to compare thought I'd reach out to the community. :grin: Only difference in the models would be between FW, GW, and the older AoBR Dreadnaughts, right? I know my AoBR one looks kinda like a little kid next to the full priced Dreadnaught kit I bought... :laugh:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
the dreadnought all have slightly different sizes for their parts; usually a MM or 3 off (for instance the sockets for the ironclad & venerable dread are slightly bigger than the standard Dread; and their power plants are also slightly bigger/smaller (cant remember which) but with a little bit of green stuff and no one can tell the difference.

Edit: TL;DR Pretty much what B&K said

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Thanks everyone, definitely makes me feel better knowing it will work.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You could also use Warmachine parts.

I bastarded a dreadnought with Hammersmith and the result was perfect. Now, warjacks are really skinny but no reason why you could not find a part that might work.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Seems like this has been answered but I will move to the hobby section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts