Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alright since we all love to Argue i mean... Debate....

Can a Dread-Liberian be effected by Shadow of the Warp? (if you dont know what im talking about read the Nid FAQ)

Since the new FAQ says SOTW cannot effect phsycers in Transports (which we all know is complete BS) we should dicide weither it can effect Phsyers who ARE vehicals

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Alright since we all love to Argue- I mean... Debate....

Can a Dread-Librarian be affected by Shadow of the Warp? (if you dont know what I'm talking about, read the Nid FAQ)

Since the new FAQ says SOTW cannot affect psykers in Transports (which we all know is complete BS) we should decide whether it can affect Psykers who ARE vehicles.
Yes. Dreadnoughts are not transports.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Dreadnoughts Transport a Sarcophagus of a Fallen space marine inside them...? (i know i suck at spelling >.< holy crap you do! -DK)

All Vehicles Technically Transport their Crew so on how is that any different?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'd say for sure SOTW would affect Libby-Dreads. No reason for it not to. They are not embarked in a vehicle.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I second that. A transport vehicle being something able to transport another unit. Something no dread can do. Libby dreads get affected by SoTW. Unless they are passengers in something.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
they are hanging on it's "REAR clabbling claws"

I swar i have the amjor urge to ignore the FAQ'd "you can't shadow transported pyscers". It's stupid espisially and you can use them from within a transport. and you don't even need fire points (Wings of Sanguinus for example)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I think there are a few things that most people will choose to ignore the FAQ about. It seems to be one of the most contested FAQs for a while.

Most people will:

1. Let SotW affect units in transports
2. Allow ICs to join units in drop pods

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I think there are a few things that most people will choose to ignore the FAQ about. It seems to be one of the most contested FAQs for a while.

Most people will:

Agree, Disagree.
From the wya i read the rules you where NEVER allowed to have IC's. The condisions for taking a Spore was taking x number or less of y unit. the Spore was NEVER a dedicated transport so people couldn't join them in the same way. Besides Nids only ever had 1 IC anyway.
Anyway back on topic now.

Yes a Libby Dreadnought will still be affected unless mounted in/on and Transport(aka Stormraven). If it's not on/in and transport then it's fair game

*Arn't FAQ's supposed to setlle any questions not rasie more of them?*

·
Registered
7,314 Posts

Most people will:

I think most people will go with the FAQ, the only ones people want to ignore are the one which don't favour Nids, ignore those ones and you'll find your opponent happily ignoring the other ones.

Aramoro

·
Registered
468 Posts
Agree, Disagree.
From the wya i read the rules you where NEVER allowed to have IC's. The condisions for taking a Spore was taking x number or less of y unit. the Spore was NEVER a dedicated transport so people couldn't join them in the same way. Besides Nids only ever had 1 IC anyway.
Anyway back on topic now.
Really? The Mycetic Spore, which is listed as a dedicated transport, and given as a dedicated transport option for units which can take one, is not and never was a dedicated transport?

Most list entries that allow a mycetic spore as a dedicated transport simply state that 'the brood may take a mycetic spore'.

The difference seems to be that drop pods have a transport capacity, and mycetic spores can carry 20 models or a single monstrous creature.

Tyranids have 2 independent characters, by the way.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you can't chose which rules to follow. the same goes for real life.
"I won't kill anyone but rape is a ok". Doesn't work. You follow all or none and if you follow none then you will find you lose friends quite quickly.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The difference seems to be that drop pods have a transport capacity, and mycetic spores can carry 20 models or a single monstrous creature.
I NEVER said that. It could carry 1 Carnifex OR "x" of such and such. There cpasity changed dependign on what they took. Also it make sence form Fluuf and the spore would be shot down and they would be "Birthed" from them. You don't grow a Strawberry with a pile a carrots.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I NEVER said that.
You said that mycetic spores were never a dedicated trransport, which they are.

It could carry 1 Carnifex OR "x" of such and such. There cpasity changed dependign on what they took.
Mycetic spores can carry 20 infantry models or a single monstrous creature.

Drop pods have a transport capacity of 10, or a single dreadnaught.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I have the agree the Mycetic Spore one makes little sense, it's purchased as a dedicated transport, it has a capacity etc. I don't see why you must be in the Spore or why an IC cannot join the brood prior to landing.

But thems the breaks.

Aramoro

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
I can go both ways on this one ... Myc. Spores also get to fire on the same turn they are dropped in, not so with drop pods (except BT drop pods WTF).
I play both armies so it does kinda fuck me. They should have made them just like the drop pods and called it good. Nobody would have had a problem with that as it would have been consistent across the board.

I just want whatever drugs these guys are taking when they come up with this shit. Alright lets make them like DP but better and worse at the same time that will get these little fuckers ... eeer. Yeah like totally, it should be able to fire the turn it hits ... eeer. Hell yeah, the way to fuck 'em though? ... can't transport shit but what they were bought for ... eeer. Double fuck 'em by making them use them with the troops they bought them for ... no empty spores ... eeeer. Puff,puff, give motherfucker.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have the agree the Mycetic Spore one makes little sense, it's purchased as a dedicated transport, it has a capacity etc. I don't see why you must be in the Spore or why an IC cannot join the brood prior to landing.

But thems the breaks.

Aramoro
That and the Shadow of the Warp make very little sense. It's the tin protecting them from all those alien mind controlling waves.... :sarcastichand:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Personally I hate the faq for saying that a prime can't join a spore borne warrior squad. Its not like the brooad can assault after landing, so why not drop with prime? As far as the whole whether the broods there already or birthed when landed thats still a really poor arguement for stopping characters joining.

I also think that SitW not affecting units in transports is daft. This is the same shadow that stops space fleets reaching the nids and the same shadow that causes a complete psyc-comms blackout. But its ok everyone into your tank then we are fine

1 - 20 of 28 Posts