Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Why does the shooting profile of the Celestial Lance have Spirit Shatter if that rule's effect only takes place in close combat on the turn the model charges?

...or should the rule for Spirit Shatter say something along the lines of "when a character/MC is reduced to 0 wounds by either a shooting attack or an attack made by the weilder on the turn he charges into combat"? That still sounds a little rough to read but is a bit more specific about when the rule takes place. I get that someone's gunna blow up at 0 wounds because of this and that's cool, but it seems the 'how' is a bit muddy in the wording that you presently have.

EDIT: I feel like if you took SS off the shooting profile, deleted the first comma, and changed the "and AP-" to "at AP-" it would make a lot more sense. I guess either that or make it sound like it works for the shooting profile as well..?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ironically enough, the Celestial Lance is the only part of these rules I didn't make. Spirit Shatter is a direct, word for word quote from the Iyanden Supplement, where the weapon was first introduced. Since it's where I got the idea for this character from, I decided to give him his weapon straight from the book.

It certainly reads in the text of Spirit Shatter that it should only be on the melee profile, as it only works for On-The-Charge, but the weapon's profile was originally written with SS in the shooting also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like mine?

Pharika, Phaerakh of the New Arachnovahk Dynasty.
Monstrous Creature(character) WS(4) BS(4) S(6) T(6) W(3) I(2) A(2) Sv(3+) LD(10)
Special Rules
Independent Character
Fearless
Scarab Hive
Move The Nest ( When this model is removed from play as a causality, roll a D6. place that many Scarab Swarm bases in its place. )
The Spider's Mourning ( Once per game you may nominate an enemy unit within 6" of Pharika. that unit must make a fear check. Models with the Fearless and They Shall Know No Fear Special Rules still make this check. )
Wargear
Gloom Prism
Twin-linked Particle Beamer
Fabricator Claw Array*
Gauntlet of Fire
Gauntlet of The Conflagrator
Phylactery
Phase Shifter
Nightmare Shroud
Voidreaper
Other
Counts as an overlord
240 Pts
* might be going

·
Registered
959 Posts
What you need to do is to make your own topic for your custom characters and stop hijacking other threads.

Make a topic and post this character there. This topic belongs to xabre for his Eldar character.

On that note, the character seems fine, I just don't know what aerobic grace is.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On that note, the character seems fine, I just don't know what aerobic grace is.
Thanks Sturk. Sorry, was on vacation.

Aerobatic Grace is the bonus that Shining Spears get, an auto 4++ cover save as long as they move at all in the turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts