Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend loves dragons and I like to plan things waaaay in advance. For our one year anniversary I'd like to buy and paint one for her. I'd like some suggestions of dragons from you guys as the Heresy community seems to be the best source for knowledge on anything (I even come here for help with maths homework).

In addition, I have a question regarding the Ultraforge Dragon. http://www.ultraforgeminiatures.com/?page_id=64

Can it be assembled without the howdah? I don't really want that up there for a show-piece model.

Try to make your dragons as non-gribbly as possible (But not cute). Please aim for four legs and two wings as these are her favourite kind.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at Forgeworld and they are all amazing. :3 I want the Magma Dragon.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Oddly this is my favourite dragon mode:

I think its the simplicity that makes me love it; its a dragon, nothing more...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
First off, you have great tastes in girlfriends. Dragons rule.

Second, yes, the Ultraforge looks very much like it can go without the platform. However, once you do that, it becomes a little harder to explain the strains and reins and bridle that are still all over the rest of the model.

Most of the warhammer dragons come equipped with riders, so maybe if you're still aiming that way, the next question should be, does she like anything else, as an appropriate rider? Personally I'm a big fan of the High Elf dragons, and have 3 of those, but you can NOT separate the throne from them, so they're meant as mounts.

Totally out there suggestion: hit up a store called Black Dragon Pewter. it has nothing to do with miniatures whatsoever, and I warn you that pewter, in general, is expensive, but if you want an epic looking dragon just to paint up, nothing beats a pewter sculpture. No one says it has to start as a gaming model, after all.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As we're both university students, I'd like to keep this under £100 preferably so expensive pewter sculptures are a bit out of the question. I'll tuck the idea away from engagement gift though...

She seems to prefer dragons without riders which may be considered a pain but I shall ask her if she would be okay with a rider. I do have amazing taste, yes. ;D She plays Dragonfable more than I play Warhammer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts