Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta say, out look not good for possible places to play. I am making some phone calls to not-so-local independent gaming stores in hopes of one of them having regular 40k players.

I am just afraid that I am going to get a resound no, which makes it seem restarting WH40k was pointless.

So, has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might find people to play?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Well, apparently my FLGS is moving again. This time, their moving somewhere out of the mall. I don't know where they're moving, or why they're moving.

Hell, they could be closing for all I know. If they do close, I know there are other game stores here, but I don't know where they are located.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The majority of clubs here aren't store based, so I've never had your problem.

There's always a club around (most of our larger cities have at least one, and several have 3+).

Have you tried looking in the Wargames clubs forums? Scroll down on the main page until you get to the "off topic" area and it's in there.
Other forums often have similar things.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The first gaming group that I got involved with as a kid rented the community center of a local bank to use as a gaming area. And there's a group active right now which holds monthly wargaming sessions in the community room at the local mall. If there's a conveniently located college nearby, that might work out, as well, as a source of gaming room.

Make up a group, advertise online and see if you can put of fliers at the local comic book shops, the library, that not-so-local gaming store, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
check the back of any white dwarf...they have a list of retailers, and most of those have regular 40k players

·
Registered
127 Posts
i met my fellow gamers by just saying hello to someone in a store and asking to play with them. now we rent a community centre each week and have a club of our own going.

·
Registered
616 Posts
ah yes, playing 40k in private, as if it were a drug deal :biggrin:

TBH I would do some searches online, they work wonders. Also, check if there's a wargaming website for you area, hell even hungary has one

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i met my fellow gamers by just saying hello to someone in a store and asking to play with them. now we rent a community centre each week and have a club of our own going.
I'm pretty sure I was that guy. I didn't know you were a member here, old man!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I can feel your pain. My local store closed and with no club around or people that I have found locally, I have to travel and hour and half one way just to find people to play. Needless to say I don't get many games in. Things are looking up though as my friend that got me started in warhammer is moving back near me so I may get to play regularly.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am getting my fiancé into it, so I will have a regular player. However, I am a fan of variety, so I hope to try some of the suggestions here tomorrow! Thanks for all the tips. I will have to post soon and let everyone here know of my results.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, the place I called referred me to another store which plays 40k all the time there. They even have a monthly tournament.

Jackpot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts