Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
erm..yeah. i want to download/install mods for Dow dark crusade, but i havent got a clue how to do it. i know its a little more colplicated than it looks.

can anyone give a step by step 'how to' or post up a linky to a set of instructions of how to install the mods please?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
221 Posts
First, find a mod you want. Pretty simple. ModDB is one of the best sites for mods: http://games.moddb.com/100/dawn-of-war/mods/

Some mods are packaged as .exes, which means you just have to run it and it'll find the game and install the files for you.

Finding mods is easy as opening up a search engine and searching "dawn of war mods". That should keep you busy for a bit.

As for manual installations, once you find a mod you want, link me to it here and I'll go through it and write out the steps, as each mod installs a bit differently depending on what they do.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
If this makes sense--

Download it, extract the files, if there is an .exe, run it and follow the steps.

That simple.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Well, i havent time to DL it myself and try it.

That should've worked, though. You may have a codec issue.

Do you have the latest Xvid Codec? Its a requirement.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try patching Dark Crusade. The mod details don't include what version of DC to use, so to be safe patch to the latest version, then unzip, run the installer, and follow the instructions. That should do it pretty nicely.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
cccp_one said:
erm.. how/what is patching? and do i still need the Xvid codec thing if i patch DC?

i know i sound like such a noob, but well, pc games arent really my thing if you know what i mean.
don't worry about it, I'm the same, I have asked so many people how to do these patches and mods, but everyone I ask usually assumes I'm a computer wizz and that I have a clue as to what there on about, when I say I don't understand, they usually just say your an idiot and walk away lol

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You said your PC wouldn't recognise the files? Are they RAR files, which i had some difficulty with, if so search it and download the program to open it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Inquisition daemonhunt is an excellent mod, and it does have an .exe, if that helps

you can also get the latest patch by logging onto the multiplayer online section, download it from there, then install

also, if you don't have an .rar reader, download winRAR archiver, use this:

http://www.rarlab.com/

don't bother buying it though, just download the free one just under it (silly site makers) in the 21st of September entry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts