Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in dawn of war 2 when Gabriel gets close to Sub-Sector Aurelia‎, he says something like “The hive mind detects us so now it’s unlikely that we’ll make it.” Later in the game he says “The hive mind killed most of our astropaths and librarians, oh well, no big deal but you’ll have to go it alone.” But then he keeps giving you orders and eventually arrives at the final battle like nothing ever really happened. So what was going on while Gabriel was warping to Aurelia? The game never explores that plot element any further and whatever tension that was suppose to cause failed because the details of the situation were never explained to the player. I’m guessing this has something to do with the shadows in the warp the hive causes, but I’m not sure…

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It was all a lie. While he was on the ship, Gabriel was actually busy poking around inside a metal box brought to him from Kaurava II. That's the real reason he was late. He was only using the hive mind as an excuse.:crazy:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Its all explained in DOW 2 Chaos Rising so if you havnt played I wont spoil it.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
It was all a lie. While he was on the ship, Gabriel was actually busy poking around inside a metal box brought to him from Kaurava II. That's the real reason he was late. He was only using the hive mind as an excuse.:crazy:
I lol'd.

To answer the question, It's probably just a case of Gameplay and Story Segregation. The mission briefing for the last mission would supposedly be his last message before his last astropath is killed, but you can go on other missions and Gabe will brief you as if his astropaths are all well and good.

As for when he arrives, time in the Warp is very random. In all reality, Gabe could've arrived hundreds of years later, or even some time in the past; he just happened to arrive at the Force Commander's time of need.

Or, if you've played Chaos Rising, Jonah Orion would probably have something to do with it; it's stated that he was the only Librarian to survive the psychic battle with the Hive Mind, and he still bears the scars.

·
Registered
542 Posts
So in dawn of war 2 when Gabriel gets close to Sub-Sector Aurelia‎, he says something like “The hive mind detects us so now it’s unlikely that we’ll make it.” Later in the game he says “The hive mind killed most of our astropaths and librarians, oh well, no big deal but you’ll have to go it alone.” But then he keeps giving you orders and eventually arrives at the final battle like nothing ever really happened. So what was going on while Gabriel was warping to Aurelia? The game never explores that plot element any further and whatever tension that was suppose to cause failed because the details of the situation were never explained to the player. I’m guessing this has something to do with the shadows in the warp the hive causes, but I’m not sure…
It's a video game made by GW, it's not going to make sense.:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.