Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi bought dow 2 a while ago and got my computer updated to play on it i dont know all my computer stuff i just need help finding a way to get it to play becuase when i play it in steam it says something about failed to find supported hardware rendering device ensure thay your system meets the minimum requirments for dawn of war 2 verify the direct x is properly installed and that you havr the latest drivers for you're system

i have 2.5gb rm plently of space windows 7 directx is installed and heres abit of my pc info i havr a AMD athlon(tm) 64 processor 3200+ 2.00GHz

32 bit operating system any other info needed you will have to tell me how to find it please help i really want to play this game

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Graphics card either not up to scratch to run it which you will need a new one. Or your drivers are out of date - which you can download the latest from the manufacturers website.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Its probably the graphics card.
I had the same problem, but when my mom installed an Nvidia GeForce (forgot the number, I think it was 9500) graphics card, DoW2 worked just fine. Still does.
So try this out and if it doesnt work, well then I cant help

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah. 99.9% of all graphic problems seem to be due to out of date drivers. Research what card you have, and update the drivers. It's free but can take a few minutes of hunting around, but the manufacturer always has updates available on their website. Although with a fresh game like DoW2, you might need a better card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts