Elites-
10 man Assault Terminator Squad- 400
-TH/SS

All told, 750 points.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How isn't it mobile? Lysander and the Hammer Boys derp strike in, and get to re-roll if they scatter. That's pretty flexibly mobile.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That'd be Darnath Lysander's special rule allowing the re-roll. At least Dog Boy gets it! :D
I somewhat doubt my scouts to be incapable of rending a transport to death.

·
Registered
77 Posts
unless their is something im not getting you can just go cruising speed and not give 2 shits about the terminators if you have transports

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea obviously a 10 man termi squad with lysander will kill anything they see at 750 points but you are not mobile and you basically have one uinit that can't move or shoot to try and cover the whole board. Simple question what will yourarmy do a aganst venom or razorback spam?

·
Registered
192 Posts
i don't want to be "that guy" but i will... lysander dosen't let you re-roll scatter, in a previous edition he let you re-roll reserves for termies but now he only makes bolters shoot better, ive taken the occasional douche lysander list with him in a squad of 10 sternguard in a derp pod and 2 scout squad just for kicks, its funny as hell podding in and offloading 20 ap3/hellfire/no cover save rounds into your opponent with re-rolls!

·
Registered
936 Posts
The thing with them having mech or at least a 12 inch movement is they will avoid your points sink a little too easy unless you combat squad them, and detatch lysander. Even then, they shouldn't make their points back. Don't rely on deepstriking for your mobility as even if you get second turn, they stay put, and if you charged them up the board you would probibly get the same efffect at worst. With their biggest issue being no reach, I would almost say shooty termies with a CML or cannon would be better for this list especially with lysander and its lack of ranged anti armor.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This.

Is.

Awesome. :laugh:

Very, very, very douchey, I agree.

And to avoid the whole mobility thing, let the enemy come to you. Hide the Scouts on an objective, and sit there. If the opponent wants a draw, then that's fine. If they don't, they'll send at least one unit then you'll win by KPs.

OR if they have little mobility DS the buggers.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
I would actually say take a termie libby with Gate, or even shrike to give those termies some more manouverability against fast moving lists. Jussayin that list probably wouldn't last very long against a poison spam list as it's all infantry

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Blood angels codex gives you decent of angels and droppin lysander for a straight termie captain with shield and hammer gives you 75 points thats 15 for hammers and shields for the other termies and 30 a piece which should cover a second man and rocket launcher for each squad letting you put some bigger punch into the snipers vs vehicles and 2+ armor and 3+ invunerable whethers things pretty well. and with that your derp strikers only scatter 6 inches and you re-roll your reserves. that does mean however that your termies don't factor till tern 3 best case since they can't assault till the next tern.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vaz, you just don't like me. Not that I can blame you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sadly terminator in the Blood Angle codex do not get the benefit of the Descent of Angle rule. Yes in the Blood Angle Codex on page 23 the Descent of Angle rule state you may re-roll failed reserves roll and you scatter on D6 but when you look at Terminators and Assault Terminators on page 86 only special rules they have is And They Shall Have No Fear, Combat Squads and The Red Thirst. Only way to gain the Descent of Angle rule if a squad doesn't come with is to upgrade with a Jump Pack page 62. Since Terminators cant use Jump Packs switching to Blood Angles Codex wouldn't help him with his mobility on Terminators. I really wish it did then I would run them more that is why I use Sanguinary Guard instead.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe.

You still wouldn't be able to win against someone with an IQ higher than single figures.
List wasn't meant to be competitive, just ridiculously douchey. Which, frankly, I entirely succeeded in capturing. But you're right, it really isn't that good a list.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts