Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to a 2000 pt doubles tournament this weekend. My partner will be playing Space Marines but I haven't talked to him too much since we decided to be partners. I know that he'll be using Tornadoes, Typhoons, and shooty dreadnoughts. All very high str and long range.

Since he's taking up most/all of the elite/fast attack I was going to do the HS. So far I've narrowed down what I want to use into basically two categories. Either load up on the points invested in MCs and tone down the troops or go easy with the MCs and get a more substantial troop force

HQ: GUO or KOS

HS: 3x Nurgle DP with or without wings

(Depending on what I take for the HQ and HS I'll have somewhere between 140 and 380 points left.)
Troops: Daemonettes (If more points are available) or Plaguebearers (If the opposite is true). I'm a bit against horrors atm since he's going to have so much shooting.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you decide to be the objective holder then stick with the GUO, nurgle DPs with wings, and plaguebearers. nurgle units are a giant pain to take off objectives.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luckily we got to test it yesterday before the tourny. I was using a KOS, 3 Nurgle winged DPs, and a unit of PBs. We got destroyed pretty bad vs two swarm armies. I need a higher model count :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts