Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
when my local hobby shop is hosting there annual double tourny and I got paired with a Dark Eldar player:hang1:. Our First Match is against a double pure horde army(orks&tyranids) these guys run sheer gaunts and boyz. We are allowed 2000pts on each side. So is there any tactics that me and my partner can use? Also sorry for not mentioning this but we bring in are lists in 3 days.

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
Blast weapons. Thats all I can think of as I don't know much about your armies. Sorry for stating the obvious. I suppose if they are both running hordes then stock up on units that are effective counters for when they reach your lines, which they will by about turn 2? If your unlucky of course. :grin:

·
Registered
800 Posts
What army do you play?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ah right, Defilers then, you need big blast templates to take down the hordes, I used to struggle against horde armys. What is your partner taking, do you know?

Heavy bolters are pretty nifty against big units too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This seems like a battle that Nurgle's rot could prove fruitful in.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The most important thing for team games is to work with your partner. I've seen more doubles games lost due to one team treating themselves as two seperate armies who don't happen to shoot at each other than anything else. Talk to your partner don't block his fire lanes be prepared to sacrifice units to protect your partner, back each other up.

Beyond that target priority is a good thing against hordes focus fire and remove threats in order. Be prepared to sacrifice smaller units to slow the advance and give you time to re-posistion.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The most important thing for team games is to work with your partner. I've seen more doubles games lost due to one team treating themselves as two seperate armies who don't happen to shoot at each other than anything else. Talk to your partner don't block his fire lanes be prepared to sacrifice units to protect your partner, back each other up.

Beyond that target priority is a good thing against hordes focus fire and remove threats in order. Be prepared to sacrifice smaller units to slow the advance and give you time to re-posistion.
What he said. Its more important to be willing to sacrifice your army to help your partners and vice versa. As for what to bring, Vindis, Zerkers, and PMs will help. A Lash prince (cheesy, I know) will REALLY help with the Vindis. Alot. Hopefully your partner is bringing in Wyches to hit hard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts