Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I will be entering a doubles match with my mate who collects IG. I was wondering if you gguys have any advise on 750pts lists that would go well with IG. SO far this is what i have come up with:

Farseer
ss
guide
doom

10 DA sqauds x2
exarch
bladestorm

wave serpent
tl scatter laser

wave serpent
shurkien cannon (only gave him a shurkein cannon so i could make room for th fire prism)

fire prism

·
Registered
496 Posts
ok im a bit of a nub when it comes to Eldar...

but form what i can tell your farseer is good, you may possibly want to toss mindwar on her if you can spare the points as it can come in handy for sniping high proioraty targets in squads

Dires are all good but dual catapults should be on the exarchj for maximum bladestorm abuse

i dnno how you got two wave serpents? but id ditch one either way (are WS's cap 12 or cap 10? if 10 then drop one dire avenger and take your farseer in that sqaud)

fireprism is ok i guess? personaly i would rather a Wraithlord or 2

then again i kknow shitall about eldar, but wraithlords are going to deter your enemy from rushing you with CC which they will wiht your current list,
IG cannot do melee combat but Eldar can... somthing to think about ^.^

·
Registered
86 Posts
A single fire prism doesnt really do as well as dual prisms and ig should be able to cover what you need for heavy and ranged support. You should also see if he can cover the troops seeing as how they have cheaper troops than us and our troops are pretty bad.

Something that could be good to compliment IG would be to make a mobile assault force such as jetbike army or skimmer army. Skimmer army would work well with ig because then youd have alot of tanks for the enemy to contend with. Maybe get a serpent and put banshees in it with a doom/fortune farseer (doom will also help igs las alot allowing them to rewound) and another ws with Dire avengers in it that way youve got a nice mobile assault unit and the dire avengers are still in your list like before and able to do their job

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kool thanks guys

I will talk to my mate on the weekend. It's not certain i will be paired with him i could be paired with one of my other mates who collect space wolves, blood angels or daemon hunters but it's most likely i will be paired with the IG.

I will probably drop the FP and invest in some banshees' in a serpent/seer. I will see if i can fit 3 ws in the army but i'm not sure what weapons to give them because my ig mate should have all the anti tank weapons covered so i might as well go with SC.

One more question what would be better striking scorpions or howling banshees?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you pair your Banshees with a Farseer casting Doom they can work wonders against Space Marines. But then your Farseer might need to cast Fortune on them too, else they will like paper to a scissor.

Scorpions survive longer against regular marines, but are pretty weak against terminators, wehre the banshees are very good with Farseer back up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys

So i have listened to your advise and have come up with this list any cristism is welcome:

HQ
Farseer total 130
Spirit stones
Doom
Fortune

Troops
10 Dire avengers total 262
Exarch
Bladestrom
Wave serpent
Scater lasers
5 dire avengers total 60

Elites
10 Howling banshees total 297
Exarch
War shout
Acrobatic
Wave serpent
Scatter laser

Total 749

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey guys

So i have listened to your advise and have come up with this list any cristism is welcome:

HQ
Farseer total 130
Spirit stones
Doom
Fortune

Troops
10 Dire avengers total 262
Exarch
Bladestrom
Wave serpent
Scater lasers
5 dire avengers total 60

Elites
10 Howling banshees total 297
Exarch
War shout
Acrobatic
Wave serpent
Scatter laser

Total 749
solid list but id ditch the squad of 5 dire's or weaken up the other squad of dires to boost them up a little

alturnatly adding mirror swords or somthing like that to your 'See exarch and possibly a singing spear to your farseer wouldnt be a horrible idea :3

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i understand what you mean but i think the tournament requires us to both have 750pts list from the orginisation chart which means 1 hq and to troops hence the 5 man DA sqaud.

I did have mirriorswords but dropped seeing as it wouldn't eqaul 750.

I was wondering weather to drop the sc on the ws to free up some points for the mirrior swords and singing spear i mean its only 13pts. What do you think?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah i understand what you mean but i think the tournament requires us to both have 750pts list from the orginisation chart which means 1 hq and to troops hence the 5 man DA sqaud.

I did have mirriorswords but dropped seeing as it wouldn't eqaul 750.

I was wondering weather to drop the sc on the ws to free up some points for the mirrior swords and singing spear i mean its only 13pts. What do you think?
singing spear is going to give your Shee squad somthing to be able to counter those pesky dreads in CC, also are wave serpents cap 10 or 12? i think its 10... but im not 100% and if its 10 then you can drop a single banshee so your Farseer is actualy with them :D, also i wouldnt bother with any upgrades on any of the WS's :3

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
give your Farsee Rune of Warding. if facing any psykers it will be a pain in the arse for them to do any thing.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Also, Serpents can carry 12. Just to clear that up...

Why focus on CC though? If your ally is strong in shooting I would augment that with Doom and more shooting. Getting into CC will only cut down his potential targets. But I guess it is good to always be prepared. But if you guys can crack open a transport, I bet a Dark Reaper Exarch with Tempest Launcher and Crackshot would have a field day. It'd also be a little different from what they may be expecting.

I can't help with the list building too much, never get to play many low point (non kill team) games. When I do I always have good luck with high Toughness lists. MC Spam (500pts) or Wraithguard and Pathfinders (1k). But I haven't played against anything but MEQ variants with either one, so...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys

Perhaps your right styro-j. Eldar do have mobility to run away from cc but i will talking with my mates on sunday so we will see what we will do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK so my mate and i had a chat and we play tested a list. IN the list my mate has two demolishers and my eldar list will be focused on anti infantry so i will be sticking two farseers both with doom one with mind war. 2 sqauds of DA in WS with scatter lasers. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wave Serpents have a transport capacity of 12 models. Thankfully.

As for your troop choices, why not add a squad of 2x3 jetbikes with shuriken cannon upgrade for 152 points total? Also Acrobatic is unecessary because you will usually be the one initiating the charge and Warshout rarely works. So use those 10 points to add in a pair of Mirrorswords. +2 attacks is nothing to scoff at. Executioner is also a great choice, so take your pick based on the armies you're likely to face.

Edit: Well, if you're going for anti-infantry, War walkers are about the best thing you can find in Eldar codex point for point. 3 of them with twin Scatterlasers(that's twin, not twin-linked) cost 180 points and have a whooping 24 S6 shots. Change one of those Seers into a Guide and Fortune Seer and park your Serpent close by. Guide the Walkers and smile at the carnage. If they're in cover(and they should be, since they have the AV of a sand castle) you can Fortune them for a rerollable 4+ cover save. Use your other Seer to run around the field in a Serpent and Doom things left, right and center.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah warwalkers are a good choice but i don't think i can field them because they are too many points. The rules of this tournament are that you need 1HQ and 2 troops for both the armies. So warwalkers would sort of be pushing it but if i had the points i would field them

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah I like the idea there. Seems streight forward enough and if your role is anti-infantry then you look like your going in the right direction. Tho I do agree with adding Eldrad even if hes cheesy. He also means you will be able to redeploy your whole army after he has deployed.

And remember when your Serpents are empty you can use them to tankshock people right off objectives. The "whiskers" on them extend the base so much anyone you tankshock will have to move a long distance to get out the way if you do it right. And ram too! Eldar do good rams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts