Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 4 of the rules pack it states quiet categorically that;-

"Please note that at this time, due to the nature of our licenses, Warhammer 40,000 armies that feature models or model components from our The
Lord of the Rings range cannot be nominated for the Best Army Award. If any of the other awards are won using an army containing models from
The Lord of the Rings range, the army unfortunately cannot be photographed or featured on the Web or in any Games Workshop publication."

If this is the case then I would like to draw your attention to White Dwarf 334,(this month) page 67. This page, in the Standard bearer section, shows a senior member of the development team's (Phil Kelly) army. This quite clearly shows that he has made a Hive Tyrant out of a Fell Beast!

So I would like to know whether this is just a case of blatant double standards on GW's part or whether some how stupidly, nobody realised? Either way considering that many Lord of the Rings parts have frequented Golden Daemon as Warhammer Dragons and Daemon Princes is n't this just a big pile of bull?

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
well its to do with the GW license with New line, which is very strict about these things. Its the first thing i thought when i saw the WD article myself.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
You could write a letter to them and threaten to tell New Line about it. Bit of blackmail never did any harm did it? :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Double-gay-hard-fat-impersonating-good-harlequin-monolith-looking-bastards aside...

I think they didn't notice. I think they were asleep on the watch, dropped a dolly, don't know their arse from their elbows and other such expressions to suggest that they really f***ed up.

To be fair to them, they've been saying for five years that you can't mix components across the games because of the licences. It's not like they've just made it up now. And I've never *noticed* (like, I noticed this one before I read this post - not!) it happen before, with anything.

Hypocrisy? Nah, just incompetence, is my guess.

:cyclops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.