Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just need to check if I have read this right:

If the Doomsday Ark stands still it can fire the cannon once at full strength.
If the Doomsday Ark moved then it can fire the cannon twice but at a reduced strength.

Have I got that right?

Is it possible to choose which weapon profile to use if you do not move?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You only fire the reduced version once, just like the stationary shot. So while you technically could elect to fire the reduced shot while stationary there is no benefit to do so. If you want to use the weaker shot, you should at least move to gain the Jink save and WS 1 if assaulted.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Is it possible to choose which weapon profile to use if you do not move?
I'd say no on the basis of the FAQ that says you can't choose to fire a snap shot if you don't have too.

Like for example the Psycannon can be fired Assault 2 or Heavy 4. If you have moved and then want to fire at a Flyer (so you're BS1 anyway) you can't choose to fire the Heavy 4

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You only fire the reduced version once, just like the stationary shot. So while you technically could elect to fire the reduced shot while stationary there is no benefit to do so. If you want to use the weaker shot, you should at least move to gain the Jink save and WS 1 if assaulted.
The iBook Codex: Necrons states that the reduced version is Heavy 2, Blast. Doesn't that mean it can shoot twice?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
yep Heavy 2 would mean that.

It's a pain if we are going to end up with a Codex that says one thing and an iCodex that says another.

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
I didn't read the more in depth version in with the other weapons, but the reference page at the back just says Heavy 1 and their respective blast sizes.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't read the more in depth version in with the other weapons, but the reference page at the back just says Heavy 1 and their respective blast sizes.
The digital version has it as Heavy 2 - so two shots.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
The print codex says heavy 1 pages 48 and 96... so unless the digital one has heavy 2 in both places you can assume the odd one out is a typo. If it says heavy 2 in both place then its a dodgy one and would have to wait for an FAQ

·
Registered
959 Posts
Personally, even if the reduced version was a Heave 2 blast, I'd rather go with the AP1 large blast that insta-kills Paladins.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Strength 9 doesn't instant kill Paladins. They're Tough 5.

I'm agree though that a digital version and hard copy saying two different things is very annoying.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Strength 9 doesn't instant kill Paladins. They're Tough 5.

I'm agree though that a digital version and hard copy saying two different things is very annoying.
Paladins are T4 in my Codex ?

The BRB says Heavy 1 for the Doomsday Cannon also, so I'm backing typo for the digital version.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
That's what I get for listening to people instead of checking a codex. Of course, I don't own the GK dex. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Oh also, just in case, with my earlier comments, it could be read in a way that would make me sound like a bit of a dick. If you read it that way I didn't mean it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts