Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If two units charge one defending unit, lets say its pretty spread out, and one of the attacking units has a higher initiative than both the other attacking and defending units and gets some successful wounds. If the defending player takes out the units that are base to base or are otherwise engaged to the lower initiative attacking unit, if they are no longer engaged with any enemy models do they no longer get to attack anything? (assuming no models in the lower initiative unit are still engaged with the enemy)

let me know if I should try to make the question more clear.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
No, everyone still gets to attack. "Who may attack" is assessed before any blows are struck and models may attack as long as there are still enemies left in their target unit and they themselves are still alive when their Initiative step comes around.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Assuming I'm reading your question right, the answer should be no. You determine who can fight before any rolls are made, and regardless of what kind of losses are incurred at whatever initiative level, any surviving models that were able to make attacks from the start are able to do so.

Who can make attacks is determined at the start of combat, and that can be found in the rulebook on page 35 (check the fourth paragraph.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts