Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Does forgeworld sell in US?

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  chromedog 
#1 ·
Does anybody know wether or not forgeworld sells in the USA? I cant tell. If they do that would be great. I heard that to ship from europe is like 500$. If anybody knows that would be nice

#12 ·
hmm, i think the only place FW models are made are in nottingham.
They also have a manufacturing centre in Shanghai.
There was a big announcement and all.

Not a surprise to some of us that they were getting stuff made there.
I'd received several sets of brass etch (FW) that had "made in china" stickers on them prior to the 'opening' of the 'new' facility.

From memory, it's 10% of your order as shipping - with over 250 pounds sterling getting free shipping and a rush job.
Bear in mind, they DON'T deduct VAT (20% now) unlike some other UK traders (for orders outside the domains of the UK revenue lot).

#5 ·
If you're near a Bunker they will usualy take orders for FW stuff but they wait until they get the min. amount for free shipping to order so it could be month or more.

I think you can place orders in any GW store but I'm not sure about that anymore.

There is no way shipping is that much even on a small order, I'd say $40 or $50. E-mai or call them and see how much the shipping would be, if it's not listed on their website.

I usualy wait until I have the money to order the min. to get free shipping. Although it's around $350 to $400 depending on the exchange rate at the time. So I usualy place one big order around tax return time.

One way you can get a big enough order is to ask friends, game buddies and around your local store it anyone wants to order something, allot of little orders can add up. Just make sure whoever is doing the ordering is honest and trustworth and that everone pays up front.

#6 ·
Keep in mind however that international shipping is free with orders over 250 quid.

Don't ask me why I had to memorize that :grin:

#7 ·
Many of the GW Battle Bunkers stock many forgeworld items that you can buy right there and that is the easiest way to get things quickly.

Shipping from england to the US is not that expensive the amount of shipping is based on how much you order and the weight of the items. It also depends on if you chose the standard shipping method or the express shipping. Express is going to cost more but not as expensive as you think.
I usually go with the standard method but it does take about 4 to 6 weeks for it to get delivered.

#9 ·
I only pay 4 bucks on averge when i buy a couple of boxes of stuff from wayland (and yes i live in the US). Cant imagine that forge world would charge over 30 for something shipped over seas unless your getting express shipping. Just see if you FLGS has some. If they dont ask if they can order some for you. Just be prepered to wait.

#11 ·
Yeah 15% of the value for shipping so my last order of 10 pounds or $15 cost me $1.50 to ship my land raider doors.

If you are going to be buying 200 - 300 bucks worth of stuff go ahead and spend the 250 quid to get the free shipping but on a few shoulder pads or something its really not that bad at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.