Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
the vaxhillian genocide, he could have been a part of that, as in he was killed there!:laugh:

·
Registered
90 Posts
"Oh hai I'm the doctor WHAT THE FU-"

nuff said.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I see no reason that he couldn't be in the 40k universe, he's been in far stranger and crueler situations before. If you're trying to insert the Dr.Who lore into 40k it should be doable. The dark laughter of thirsting gods may be new schtick but one could interchange the "old ones" with the Gallifreyans and the Necrotyr with the Daleks without too much of a fuss.

Part of the magic of the Doctor is that he has no "home" apart from the Tardis and no "family" apart from his companions, this essentially gives him the freedom to be anywhere at any time. It's one of the few fandoms where it isn't too much of a stretch to stick him into Shakespeare and Star Wars with equal gusto.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Personally I believe that someone who loves the good side of humanity, like the Doctor, would probably avoid the 40k time period all together. Remember, during this time, humanity is at its absolute worst. I think that the Doctor would loath the 40k time period, given how humanity and the rest of the Milky Way is at this time. As they say at the beginning of every 40k BL novel;
To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
It's not a time the Doctor would likely willingly go, especially post-Time War Doctor, who lived through the Hell that war became. It would be about as close as the Doctor could get to reliving the War.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe Doctor Who created the Ordo Chronos? ;)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
The good doctor would shit his pants and run back to his police box.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm gonna go with the usual option of cross overs involving teleporting police boxes.

A wierd humming/hissing sound sounds through the corridors of the Astartes field command.
In response to these strange noises a Space Marine is sent to investigate.
He see's the Tardis and walks towards it, bolter held at the ready, when all of a sudden a humanoid opens the door and jumps out.
He speaks, "ah the forty first millenium, I wished we didn't come here, the death and destruction is terrible and the Space Marines, ah they are silly little people, whorshiping the Corpse Emperor, I still can't believe they don't know the Emperor is the Face of Bo."
The Space Marine raises his bolter at the humanoids head and yells, 'You speak heresy.'
"No my dear Astartes I speak the tru..."
his sentence is cut off by a burst of Bolter fire that kills the doctor instantly, even regeneration can't save you against a bolter to the face.
Then the Space Marine throws a Frag Grenade into the Tardis while muttering a prayer of piety to the God-Emperor.
After the grenade goes off he runs inside to find a humanoid on the floor with blood seeping out of a leg wound.
'Taste retribution Heretic scum!' The Space Marine screams as he empties his clip into the Companions face.

I think you get my drift.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Purge the unclean, nuff said

·
Registered
37 Posts
Speaking of Doctor Who, my friend added the Weeping Angels into the game. God they were hard to kill even with Sphess Mehreens.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
How would they work?

Player 1 "I know I'll move them to assault that marine squad and tear them to shreds.":threaten:

Player 2 "Hang on a minute they can only move when the marines are not LOOKING at them. Since the models always have their eyes open then the angels can never move!":biggrin:

Player 1 "Then how the f*** do I win?":shok:

Player 2 "You can't since I now just blow this rock with this sergeants melta bomb so in theory the angel cannot repiece itself and stays fragmented forever!":so_happy:

Player 1 "Stupid game!!":ireful2:

·
Registered
159 Posts
C'mon, ur not giving the doctor enough credit here!! but anyways...what bout other dr who races/people??

Daleks??
Cybermen??
Judoon??
Sontarans?
Weeping angels and all the other cronies??

THE MASTER!!

What happened to them?? Or how would they fare??

·
Registered
303 Posts
"Sarah: I saw things you wouldn't believe!
Rose: Try me.
Sarah: Mummies.
Rose: I've met ghosts.
Sarah: Robots. Lots of robots.
Rose: Slitheen. In Downing Street.
Sarah: Daleks!
Rose: [smugly] Met the Emperor.
Sarah: Anti-matter monsters!
Rose: Gas-mask zombies!
Sarah: Real living dinosaurs!
Rose: Real living werewolf!
Sarah: The. Loch Ness. Monster!
[beat]
Rose: [impressed] Seriously?"
Isn't that a proof, lol?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I missed it the first time. As for what would happen... Doctor Who would shit himself if he crossed over to 40k. Where he hails from, the most dangerous alien threat that he has to face are the Daleks, who are pretty much a bunch of angry vacuum cleaners. Put the good doctor up against a Necron Lord and then see what happens. He'd be in the Tardis and hauling ass to another timeframe before you could say 'time lord'.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
"pst Horus you wanna watch out for that sneaky Erebus, he's just nicked that blade"
"Why would a son of my beoved brother do such a thing"
"Oh i dunno, maybe to poison you and make the beings in the warp come to the forefront, big galatic civil war that will rage forever"
"Are you a witch!"
"No time lord"
"Time lord??? Mal arest this buffon and put him to the bolter!"
"I tried to warn you...."

personally its doable but i don't timk i'd enjoy it too much although i read the story with it in at one point and that was well done, the doctor is just a busy body who interferes in most things and anyway its not my favourite doctor anymore so i kinda think he will screw it up..rip john pertwee

·
Registered
75 Posts
How would they work?

Player 1 "I know I'll move them to assault that marine squad and tear them to shreds.":threaten:

Player 2 "Hang on a minute they can only move when the marines are not LOOKING at them. Since the models always have their eyes open then the angels can never move!":biggrin:

Player 1 "Then how the f*** do I win?":shok:

Player 2 "You can't since I now just blow this rock with this sergeants melta bomb so in theory the angel cannot repiece itself and stays fragmented forever!":so_happy:

Player 1 "Stupid game!!":ireful2:
Im pretty sure theyre indestructible while stone, they dont technically exist then or something like that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts