• Yes

Votes: 62 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 30.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i tell people if it comes up, i dont intro myself as 'hey, im adam, i play 40k! DERP DERP DERP!!'

i suppose i care very little what people think of me so i dont find it embarresing.

people will either like me for what i am or dislike me for what im not, im cool with that :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
If it comes up in conversation, or if people ask me what im doing on a thursday night, I'll probabally say im going to GW to play some 40k, and if they're new friends, they'll ask what it is and I'll tell them. Some friends think im a giant geek for doing it, but love me the same, and others get in on it with me.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I am my Wife's Husband
My parents Son
My brothers brother
And I am a gamer

It is ingrained in me, I openly push gaming to people I think might be interested, and gladly offer up that I play - you often find that people either play or know about it or did play in the past, occasionally you even get asked if you would like their old games stuff or they consider starting up again.

In all honesty if people want to make some kind of upon high ill informed judgement I let them, some of the most intelligent and sexually attractive people have been gamers, WoW is another one - I used to play (reformed addict here) but the number of people who like to reminisce to their gaming days means its often a good thing to bring up in new company

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
If it is pertinent to the conversation.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
My friends may think what ever they want, if they ask what I am about to do tomorrow, I will tell them, "Paint small plastic Space Men" or "Play 40k". I dont care if someone tells me that I am a nerd, cause thats not the case with 40k, it is my hobby, and if they cant deal with it, then I dont give a shit...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why not? Would someone that thinks less of me for it be someone I want to be friends with? What if they are interested and/or play/have played it before?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
do i openly say i play 40k? no, do I tell someone if it comes up. IE: if im asked what my hobbies are by a woman, etc. yes

playing warhammer, in my opinion, shows intellect, painting warhammer shows a portrayal of the artistic side. and not giving a fuck what other people think, shows courage. so why NOT tell people you play, and if they have any misgivings to me because I play, they can go to hell from being shallow idiots with no artistic sense as it is.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Do i like to tell people about warhammer, yes. do i push my freinds to play, yes. Do they play...no. I like talking about warhammer with people but most of the time they are just totally uninterested and act like thier listenng. When they say its gay or stupid i say "just because your to lazy to sit down and read the rulebook or cant wrap your mind around it does not make it gay." thier response is normally whatever or they contuine to say its gay. Untill i get mad...then its not gay anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I tell them, if I can segue it into the conversation. Yeah, I'm in high school. Hells yeah they learn I'm a geek because of it.

I'm cool with it, and because most of my friends are nerds and geeks too, they're cool with it too, even if they get a bit annoyed for my excited ranting.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Depends on the person, but most of the time I don't bother. All of my friends know I'm into it, even more so with my mate at work. Hell our boss has practically allowed to turn the little kitchen we have at the back into a Warhammer room.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If somebody asks me what I do for a hobby, I am more than comfortable climbing up on top of a roof and screaming at the top of my lungs:

"I SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS BUYING TINY PIECES OF PLASTIC, METAL, AND/OR RESIN. I PAINT SAID OBJECTS FOR USE IN SIMULATED BATTLES WITH OTHER NERDS SUCH AS MYSELF FOR THE TACTICAL ENJOYMENT AND FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES.

HEAR ME ROAR, GOD DAMNIT!!!"

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I always tell me people my hobby. To be fair most of mates are in the bobby anyway or computer geeks so they know what 40k is from Dawn of War. But its something Ive done for so long I automatically assume people will at least of heard of it, even if they dont understand what it is.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't have friends, merely acquaintances who get me home from the pub in one piece :)

Most of them know its not something I go around telling random people but I'm not ashamed of it either - I'm just a private kind of person

1 - 20 of 47 Posts