Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any Heretics paint the inside of their vehicles, I was putting together another landraider today and would love to paint the interior but just cannot afford the extra time it takes, do you or would you paint the interior or would you save the effort for just the exterior?

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I did it on my Redeemer because the assault ramp opens and you can see into it. Nothing special, dry brushed metal and a few small details. Even then you can't see any more than the first couple of inches into it without a torch. Anything else I glue the doors shut.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Depends on the vehicle, for something like a LR where only really the front hatch opens I wouldn't bother. For the Valk where the back hatch does and you have the door gunners I would.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
normally yes..rhinos yes...but if its just for gaming probably not..i would spend the extra time on the outside

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Unless it's open topped, no. For LR's and Rhinno/razorbacks I don't, because I store the extra turrets and what nots inside of it. Depending on the vehicle I may just glue it shut. If I was doing a special piece or painting for someone else, I would paint the inside. I just don't really see the point personally. I like the extra storage space.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Yes, I do... don't have pics at the mo but will grab some this evening for the 2 Rhinos and the LRC to post.

Obviously, this has to be pre-planned so that it's all painted prior to assembly. Saw one of the young gamers once at GW attempting to paint the interior of the Rhino AFTER assembly and kept getting worked-up about it being SOOOO difficult! Had to be the horrible guy there to educate him on the concept of pre-planning!!!

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, after inserting the ramp opening mechanism after assembling the left hull side of the raider (not my best idea) I have decided to give painting the interior of the raider a go, I'll post pics as and when in my plog! God I'll never finish this army

·
Registered
633 Posts
If open I'll do some interiors. Also, if I do something different like my demon-possessed predator, I'll definately do the interior.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I spent a week painting the interior of my brand spankin' new plastic Land Raider back when it was first released....only to accidentally glue the damn front door shut upon assembling the rest.

Now I just glue all the damn doors shut out of spite, though my other two LR's open up at the front it's mostly because I have yet to actually finish magnetizing them and apply some paint (one is very close to being done up Imperial Fist colours now at least).

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not as a standard practice no, although I have done the interior of a couple of my Rhino's :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Don't do nor allow your children to do that. It causes addiction and destroys the mind.
Vehicles interiors: not even once.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i spray based the inside of my LR just cus the door opened but damn if im going to paint all that shit people cant see. If you could see it easily then i would but if it takes real effort to see then no im a lazy bastard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts