Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so yeah, do you listen to music when you play 40k? and if so what bands/songs?

I listen to Xandria, Krypteria, Lacuna Coil, Delight, Unsun and others like them to give a somewhat suitable atmosphere to some games at a low level.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have started bringing my i speakers to games and leave the volume low its quite nice. I found that iron maiden and songs like one are great.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
No, the reason being most of the people in my gaming center including me are either hyper competitive douche bags (Music breaks concentration), or horribly pathetic nerds (I don't like your music whaa play some metallica or other generic rock). Still if I where to listen to music when playing 40k I guess my playlist would look like this.

Playing CSM: Slayer "Raining Blood" .Rammstein "Angel". Papa roach "Open Wounds" (Against loyalists)
Playing Daemons: Any Incubus song. Most of the system of a down songs.

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Still waiting for my new IG army to come in for eBay, only played a single game so far, but music is a good idea. I suppose system of the down, metallica, and probably other stuff I can't remember that reminds me of heavy ordnance barrages. :so_happy:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
If I'm home alone and assembling, painting etc, then I'll have something playing - usually the Stones, Led Zep, U2 etc.

When playing, there's usually half a dozen of us in the room, so it'll be conversation rather than music going on..plus food and beverages of course.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Well at the GW stores they have music playing all the time, at clubs usually chatter does fine to fill a room or it's a low music selection of appropriate music but still decent selection (used to be radio until it got filled with crap rap and female pop "divas") but personal music (as in earphones)...NO I find it can be taken as offence that you aren't wanting be social in a social game and setting

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry anout the wording, if we listen to music its at a low level where you can still talk to someone halfway across the room if you want so its more like ambience.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i tend to listen to music when painting and sculpting and that tends to be emo style music. but when playing chaos i play bullet for my valentine as scream aim fire seems to fit my army perfectly, still am trying to find a artist who would fit the ultrasmurgs

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
Death and Black Metal. To most people ears it's discordant and chaotic and I find it perfectly relaxing -unless I'm listening to it to get worked up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have started bringing my i speakers to games and leave the volume low its quite nice. I found that iron maiden and songs like one are great.
Snap when at home playing or painting then iron maiden or ac/dc at our gameing club normally light songs as we have a mixed age group. But ,mostly just people lauthing each others bad luck lol.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I usually listen to some Britney Spears. Her music is a great motivator. On very rare occasion I may break with tradition and listen to some David Hasselhoff or 'Weird Al' Yankovic.

·
Registered
267 Posts
When gaming at home I have my laptop close to hand. I generally play music to take the piss. When a flamer kills a few guys, que the music.... burn baby burn disco inferno :victory:

Skar

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
do you listen to some music while playing?
Yes. Do you?:grin:

Sabaton, Manowar, sometimes Disturbed, and Rammstein (best).

All war music except for the last two, but they're just as kick arse.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
At home painting/modelling its a mixture of Guns n Roses, or HTID (Hardcore Till I Die), depending on my mood...

While im playing, it depends on who im facing. Everyone in our group has a unique style of music. One guy preferes Rave, SHH (Super Happy Harcdore), Euphoria etc. Another goes with 80s rock/metal: Iron Maiden, AC/DC etc. A third likes classical - the more 'fun' stuff like Holst, as well as anything that was in any film about vietnam...

So yeah, there tends to be a good range when we all get together :)

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
When actually gaming, I put on some various classical/movie score music. Certain selections from things like 300, gladiator, etc, or video games like Dawn of War and other war heavy games.

It's great for ambiance.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
When painting I usually have my ipod hooked up to speakers, or my Laptop blasting. I just have whatever on repeat and shuffle, so, my playlist is usually; Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Disturbed, Helloween, Hammerfall, Bruce Dickinson and ACDC, I need to add a load of my dads stuff as yet, so, that might change :D.

When gaming, its usually pretty quiet, usually cause I'm at a friends house, at GW its usually their stuff, so, pretty alright stuff.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
When working on my army I have zune on shuffle which brings up anything really(8500+ songs) Mostly metal though. When gaming if I'm using headphones, usually the one headphone so I can still listen to the other guys, it'd be usually the same stuff as above. If Playign through speakers it'd be all instrumental stuff like Rob Dougan, Holst, Game and movie Soundtracks even instrumentals from lamb of GOd etc. No vocals make it easier to concentrate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts