Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started playing 40K I collected a custom chapter whose livery was blue with silver trim. After a break of several years I started collecting again, this time Ultramarines. When I decided on a change away from marines I chose Thousand Sons. When I started my WoC I made a definite decision not to paint them blue.

So most of my time in the hobby has been spent either painting blue or deliberately avoiding painting it.

Is there a colour you keep returning to or avoiding? Or do you just pick a new main colour for each army?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Never cared for red mostly... seen too much khorne and bad gore to enjoy it...
really love the green/yellow and purple colors citadel has but ill use anything (even red if theres no way around it just dont care for it)

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love dark green, which is why I used it as the base for my marines and my barely started Empire army for fantasy.

I hate painting yellow, which I only realized after using it as my accent color for those two armies. If I had to do it all over again I would have just gone with a different accent color...perhaps a light blue or even white. (I have to paint white as a base on my minis anyway to get a bright yellow, so I might as well just stick with it)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Greeen and Purple. Orks and clothes, for some reason purple always sneaks in so I am trying to steeer clear with my High elves :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I tend to like yellow quite a bit. I find it the easiest color to blend effectively. I want to try it out on my new MKIV marines, but I detest the imperial fists and cannot think of an effective secondary to complement it for a homebrew chapter.

I also love the combination of orange and grey.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Bone colour, red, and organic grey (it sounds really weird but I do specifically love painting Skavenblight Dinge basecoat, washing with Seraphim Sepia, another Dinge layer, Stormvermin fur highlight). As such, I've done Dark Angels with a heavy focus on Deathwing, and recently Ogre Kingdoms in the old style.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I love painting steel, gold, bronze, an metallics basically and also green 'cus there be somthin' wrong with 'cron players who don't like green.

Least favourite colour, Terracota, who has ever looked at a model and though 'you know what I really want my guys to look like they are made out of clay!'

·
Registered
585 Posts
I love Reikland Flesh Shade and use it on everything. It gives stuff a really good grubby/used look.

I hate painting black, mostly because I struggle to highlight it. It always ends up looking grey and i'm rubbish at edge highlighting so I can't highlight it that way either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts