Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Winnipeg) Do Wargamers freeze easily?

I want to get into Warhammer, but i don't know anyone who plays and i can't find anyplace to play near my house in chilly Winnipeg. Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
well, I would first and foremost say go the store finder on the games-workshop site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp < - the official site store locator though it will probably redirect you to the front screen

from there if they are too small Id go hunt down "hobby" shops. im not sure about winnipeg since, though im from canada, I live in Accountant city toronto, which has lots of hobby shops and a big GW to play at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the places listed are on the outskirts of town while i'm right in the middle. There might be a hobby shop a few blocks from me (Gamers Lair) but the website has been down for a very long time and i don't know if it even does Warhammer stuff.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
yeah this games a pain to get going if you dont have a place to play. Id say youd have to go check out this "gamers lair" and if you cant afford to go check it out in any case, then you may not even want to get into the game after you see the prices.

as I said, the safest bet to play warhammer or buy warhammer is from the games - workshop stores. if there are other winnipeg gamers on this site though, im sure they will reply to you eventully.

Also, please dont give americans fuel for the fire on how canada can be cold :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the cold joke.

(I only do it so that people from America come to see the winter wonder land and find that there is no Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter in Winnipeg, only too hot and too cold)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
hahahaha, I know, ive been to winnipeg, I have family there XD

the last part was a joke on my own part. though guess it didnt come out the way it does when I say it lmao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts