Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times have you won or lost a game to a ridiculous dice roll?

Case in point: My Avatar of Khaine is perfectly healthy, and considering that he leads an all infantry (no Harlies) Eldar army, he's actually well satisfied. His only concern is the small unit of Ork Buggies left in the Speed Freaks' deployment zone. If he does even one Immobilized or Destroyed result, the day and the Victory belong to the Eldar. So when he charges in with his five attacks, the Dice Gods yell YHATZEEEEEEEEE!!!! and gift the Avatar of Khaine with five straight ones. The game is a draw, and the Avatar regularly visits his therapist on Craftworld Freud.....

Or, how about the time that my IG blasted away at a unit of 5 Termies with lasguns galore, having missed with every plasma and heavy weapon they had. The Termies are prepared to assault into the Guard lines, and trying unsuccessfully to 'high-5' one another without amputating each other's limbs with their lightning claws... When the dice come up... only 8 saves need to be made, and the Dice Gods again yell YHATZEEEEEEE!!! and bless those over-confident Terminators with at least five ones. I hear they had recently hired an oddly colored (greenish) fungoid humanoid with a large jaw to oversee the duties of their Tech-marine while he was on vacation in Maui.

These are not the only examples of outrageous behavior on the part of the Dice Gods, oh no. But, I'll leave time for you all to share your experiences...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've whittled down my favorite (loathed) necron players army to only one of his ressurection orb carrying lords and a host of warriors around him. Unfortuately its the one with phylactery. I fire my entire HQ killing force (a vindicare, an exorcist and retributors with 4 heavy bolters) And so the lord dies as you would hope. He rolls a six for ressurection and gets a lord with 3 wounds. Crap. His warriors move up and the lord is still there. I fire again this time more sparingly but still manage to take him down. Another god dammed six. Them he gets into combat with the warsythe kills a few of my troop guarding my cannoness. My blessed weapon weilding cannoness schools him in the resulting combat and he dies. This time he rolls a 5. I need right now to kill him. This is the kicker. I have 5 CC attacks with my cannoness and her party. And i yhatzee. Then he kills my cannoness.

The end. Its a dice cursed adventure

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
One of the immutable laws of the Cosmos, never, ever, ever say..................

"Anything but a one..............":shok:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts