Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
no. but they get the monolith formation. min. 2 monoliths up to 24" apart create nightshroud and 3 or more can create the nodal grid. see apoc rulebook for more details.
also can use the forgeworld gauss pylon as well.
we don't need any new units. we are indestructible as it is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. but they get the monolith formation. min. 2 monoliths up to 24" apart create nightshroud and 3 or more can create the nodal grid. see apoc rulebook for more details.
also can use the forgeworld gauss pylon as well.
we don't need any new units. we are indestructible as it is.
True, but Tomb Stalkers would be nice!

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
well, depends if you have the forgeworld books. The Apoc book from GW has the rules for FWs necron Pylon, and its a nasty bugger.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
PYLON!!!!!!!! They are great their focused beam has teh destroyer rule awwwww yeh they are great:good::yahoo::mrgreen:

·
Registered
71 Posts
thye get monolith formation and gauss pylon, pylons good and sursprisingly unexpensive for its size/quality, but deciever is right we are indestrucible as it is and dam good apoc!

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
So I have a question. Im trying to put together a large Necron army. The doomsday formation is 150pts +models and the mono. phalanx formation is 250pts + models. Now, I want both of them, but not 6 monoliths. If I played 3-4 monoliths and payed 400pts for both formations, would it be a legal?
Hope that makes sense...

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Yes it makes sense, but sadly you aren't really able to do that - however if your opponent agrees then I see no problem with it.

Though in all honesty, you want the doomsday phalanx, and either a standard phalanx for the shroud, or the pylons with the similar ability.

Remember that the doomsday 'lith is very vulnerable to a good stength D hit - as my necron opponent found out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So which is the standard phalanx that you are refering to?
also, i'd be glad for your opinion on this... I made a pyon out of plastic card and was planning on making 2 more for the phalanx. I played it yesterday against my friend who's an IG player. Killed his stormlord first turn. Yes i realize that I got lucky.
But then we got talking about the probability of a pylon, it's stats and all that... he was upset that it costs 420 points. and he felt it was an unfair model. considering phase out I dont believe it is unbalanced, but as im not very good with probability I couldnt convince him that it is fair... and he's talking about not letting me play it, even though it is a semi-official model...
how do you feel about it? can you help me justify this?
thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
To be honest I have only played against one once, the problem I found with it was that it would have taken a large amount of firepower to kill, this means that the Necron player either draws loads of fire or gets pretty much free reign with the pylon.

In my opinion it is a very good unit, and the formation is excellent, so definatly take them

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Sounds like your friend is being a whiny bitch because his model got nuked. Guard have what 20+ tank variants? easy over half of them can nuke 'crons, tell him to grow a pair. Or he cant use plasma cannons, because their unfair against necrons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well, ill definitely agree that it is hard to kill... i actually recommended that he take like 3 flyers (i forget the variant) that has 3 lascannons (2 twinlinked)... he said the probability was low of that killing a pylon. then i brought up that he could still phase me out, but that didnt convince him either...
I think part of it is that i tend to be an extremely lucky person, and make rolls that are... unfortunate for him at times...

I guess the real question boils down to:
if in a game between friends, i showed up with
1.) one pylon and the undying formation
or
2.) multiple pylons with the pylon phalanx formation
would you play me, and consider it a fair game?

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Doomsday tends to get hammered early by strength D as its comparitively weak in apocalyopse and had a horrific weapon.

I would play necrons, they are one of the easiest apocalypse armies to kill, they have few multostructure points weapons, rely too heavily on monoliths which get busted open by pulsars and have the phase out rule which means all you need to do is throw enough pieplates at the troops and they dissapear.

Btw suggesting flyers against the pylon is mean, if your friend really wants to beat it then anything with power fists or a few good str D weapons will do it, otherwise just ignore the pylon and kill all the easy units.

·
Registered
5 Posts
haha, I actually pretended he had the flyers i suggested, and rolled for it... took me one 'turn' plus one plane in the second 'turn' to kill a pylon.

just to make this crystal clear. (cause im probably going to show him this page.) you would consider the pylon a fair model. correct?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts