Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DIY Chapters are the perfect example of what this hobbby is all about for me: taking the background and the opportunities within it and running with it. So how about we see the various chapters that hobbiests have created:

I'll start with mine:

Crimson Fury (BA Geneseed):

Various Marines:

Scout:

Rock Wyrms :

·
Registered
992 Posts
Here is mine, you can check out my army page here for all the attached fluff, more pictures, and future goals.

I present the First Eastern Mirage Corps. (FEMC), a White Scars successor:

Mishalu Ha Lonn, 5th Company Captain, and Command Squad:

Master Diver Agari, 5th Company Librarian, on Quad:

5th Company, 1st Tactical Squad:

5th Company, 2nd Tactical Squad:

Their Razorbacks:

5th Company, 6th Devastator Combat Squad:

5th Company, 7th Fast Attack Squad:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
those are very nicely done. I need to get my chapter up and going so I can post pics of mine as well.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I actually used a tutorial on this website (click here) I made a few modifications to the tutorial since I didn't have all the bits he did. I repurposed the bike exhausts to make the front shocks and some rhino exhausts cut down to represent the engine bits on the rear.

It was a fun build actually, up to this point my favorite conversion. The librarian rider was more difficult than the quad because it was an old metal mini. I had to saw it in half and being careful to make sure I didn't remove the book was a bit rough. You can see the book in this pic:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the first squad for my Chapter, "Bellator Aranéam" Or, "Spider Warriors" A second founding Chapter of the Ultramarines. I will post the Index Astartes in 40k fluff soon.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I periodically forget that my Chapter, the Lions Rampant, are a "DIY" Chapter. Something about that moniker always made me think of questionable interpretations of the established background, poorly executed alternative paint schemes, and the like. With the entire Chapter arrayed on my table-- all ten Companies, plus armored support-- it's easy to think of the Lions Rampant as something that has surpassed that sometimes negative brand. Arrogant? Perhaps...

While I have yet to photograph the entire Chapter (largely due to the fact that it's not all painted)...

An armoured spearhead:

Some Scouts:

A gaggle of Chaplains:

The "standard" 1850-point Strike Force, built around the 5th Battle Company with armoury support. The current version now includes a Hunter as well as what's pictured.

Elements of Tactical Squad Pathalus and Assault Squad Leon, both from the 5th Battle Company:

Assault Squad Diodore, 5th Battle Company:

Company Standard of the 5th Company:

You can see more by clicking the link in my signature. There's also a link on that page to a complete and comprehensive Index Astartes article and PDF Codex (totalling nearly 100 pages).

·
Registered
992 Posts
I like that green and white color scheme. In fact, as I paint my Mirage Corp (yellow and green as seen above) I hit that point after I drop the white base on the green where the yellow is going and wonder why I didn't stop there to begin with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts