Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

Recently we had a real Tau invasion – they came with their best technology, most advanced battlesuits, Remora drones and Barracuda aircrafts, with bursting, technologically advanced weaponry and alien, high-tech equipment. Their camouflage painted vehicles laid waste to an Imperial outpost, on which rubble leftovers the surveillance servo-skulls captured pictures of the attacking force.

Imperial Commanders pointed out the radiating patterns on the alien weaponry, camo pattern that let them blend into the urban environment and appear unnoticed until it was too late.

Watch the captured pictures with Imperial Commanders and see the magnificence of the Tau superior technology!

It was a great project for us to paint – not only the idea of camo pattern and high-technology, radiating patterns covering parts of the vehicles and heat glow complement each other nicely, but also we had a plenty of time to go wild on the models to bring out the best quality we could offer, results of what you may see below – we took the photos from various angles for you to better see the models from each side. I hope that you like them.

What do you think of the models?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Fantastic work as always. That camo is super clean looking and you've done really well making the models distinct and mean.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
The camo effect is super nice I really like that. I really like the circuit effect you did especially on the fire warriors guns that was genius. I know I have bashed you on glow effect you do and I understand there are people that like it. I like the glow effect and I think you nailed it on this army for the most part. You made various things glow but the glow effect didn't cover half the models chest it was limited to a small area. Where I think it fails is the main gun on the hammer head gunship. It just looks like it was added so that the gun barrel wasn't a big black blob. I wish you would camoed the barrel out and left the power supply black and added red to the power supply to make it look like it was powered up and ready to fire. Also the red blotches on the base don't make sense they are just randomly placed and they are the same color as the red glow effect. Honestly, they could have been left off and it would have let the models stand out more because the paint job on the models was amazing. Still incredible work and I like seeing your stuff.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The camo effect is super nice I really like that. I really like the circuit effect you did especially on the fire warriors guns that was genius. I know I have bashed you on glow effect you do and I understand there are people that like it. I like the glow effect and I think you nailed it on this army for the most part. You made various things glow but the glow effect didn't cover half the models chest it was limited to a small area. Where I think it fails is the main gun on the hammer head gunship. It just looks like it was added so that the gun barrel wasn't a big black blob. I wish you would camoed the barrel out and left the power supply black and added red to the power supply to make it look like it was powered up and ready to fire. Also the red blotches on the base don't make sense they are just randomly placed and they are the same color as the red glow effect. Honestly, they could have been left off and it would have let the models stand out more because the paint job on the models was amazing. Still incredible work and I like seeing your stuff.
First of all, thank you for all of your words of comments so far - you've been sharing your oppinion with us for some time and always pointed out valuable notes regarding our painting.
Indeed, the glow effect has it's followers and opponents - in this particular example we were trying to emphasize the amount of heat the highly advanced suits are producing. I'm glad that you like it;) For Hammerhead, it was meant to show the heat produced by the barrel right after the shot - but your approach is also a good one. :)
I personally do like the circuit pattern and it's my favourite armywide detail.:)
The red glow on the base is from the leftover lamps and lighting that remain to shine after all of the damage dealt to the buildings.

Overall, my humble thanks for your comments - please keep up with our threads that are to come.:)

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The scatter camo and the overall scheme looks good. The circuit board patterns are an excellent touch. And some of the glows in this army seem spot on especially on some weapons, but many of them on the bodies are still very over the top and detract from the excellence.

And I've been wondering for a while why you/your team always paint the glow on the intakes? I understand painting it on the exhaust vents because those are going to be hot or have fiery jets coming out. But the intakes should be significantly cooler.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
It too 4 people a one and a half months to paint this!!!! Its good but wow thats a project. Is that all working non stop on this or is it occasionally between others?

I find this very interesting i know how many hours i sink into the modeling and painting of my models but that seems insane for a point of employment.

Other thought its proably more in training new painters but is there problems in matching the scheme exactly. As with hand writting i assume there is tells in someones paintjob. Maybe size of checks in the camo?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts