Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dispel Scrolls- unique?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Asmodeun 
#1 ·
Yes, another stupid question.

The 8th Edition WFB book makes a point of saying that all magic items are unique, even 'common' ones like a Sword of Might. Clearly no-one told my Chaos Knights, but I digress.

The thing is, I'm sure I remember that Dispel Scrolls used to have a specific exception to this rule, but I can't find this anywhere in 8th. So does this mean Dispel Scrolls are now 1 per army?

#3 ·
Heh, I can't usually bring myself to spare the points on any of the things anyway, though doubtless once I've been on the wrong end of some of that scary new Lore magic, that'll change. :O

#5 ·
I'm planning on taking a hex scroll in any game where I can possibly spare the points (and arcane slots)... but its not for a slaan. While turning him into a true frog (or teclis for that matter) might well be funny there is one person in the game worth adding in a hex scroll 'just in case', I do of couse mean Archaon. A level 2 mage means if Archaon does try to cast a spell its a 66% chance that he bacomes a frog Rah!! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.