Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1746 points. 2 detachments, so as to have access to 2 sets of Heralds.

350 - Be'lakor (warlord)

160 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ ML2, Greater Reward, Steed of Slaanesh, and Locus of Beguilement
160 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ ML2, Greater Reward, Steed of Slaanesh, and Locus of Beguilement
125 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ ML2, Exalted Reward
130 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ ML2, Greater Reward, and Steed of Slaanesh
130 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ ML2, Greater Reward, and Steed of Slaanesh

162 - 18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
3 Nurgling Swarms

Should roll Invisibility about 2 times on 12 MLs of Telepathy, plus Be'lakor himself has one. If I get 3 Invisibilities total, which would be the statistical average, I'm happy: only 3 blocks of Daemonettes to cover, after all. I spent quite a few points giving greater etherblades and steeds of slaanesh to the Heralds, but that should make them quite nasty in combat. I7, S5, AP2, master-crafted, WS7, A5--plus charging bonuses of HoW and bonus attack? And I get to pick how challenges go down during my turn? (one Beguilement per unit of daemonettes, obviously). Be'lakor should be getting a 2+ invuln from Grimoire--if Grimoire fails, he hops back and hides his ass. Or just jinks for a 2+ cover save...

Obviously, this list has some gaping flaws. It has little to no way to deal with AV 14 (besides Be'lakor's Armorbane) and fliers, for one. Very few units to claim objectives in Maelstrom of War missions, to boot. Still, it is cheesy and dirty and disgustingly spammy. Invisible blocks of Daemonettes with killy characters in and nothing else. Battle-forged, to boot.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*sigh* if only we lived closer and could game. This would be a hell of a lot of fun to face down a time or two!
Ah, if only. The only way I'd field a list like this is by warning the enemy player before we meet up to play that I would be bringing something very cheese-spammy. Maybe not what I would bring, but... they'd be forewarned, and able to field something of their own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts