Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a weird question come up at a local game yesterday and was wondering if someone can point me to the rule, possible the page number.

If a vehicle doesn't move and the squad disembarked but makes no other movement, did they move?, can they then fire a heavy weapon?

Seemed simple at the time, but somehow we confused ourselves, as the model counts as moving if the vehicle moves, but doesn't say disembarking is moving as the model can then make its full move provided the vehicle did not move prior to the disembarking...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yes, the unit can shoot buts counts as having moved. Page 67, main rules, diesembarking, 2nd bullet point, last line.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
both are right. An easy way to think about some situation during game if you are unsure is to eaither roll off or think real world.

If a squad of Soilders in Iraq get out of there hum-v would they be able to use that sniper rifle one has with them? no as the time it take to set up wouldn't be enought.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
No,no,no,no! Thinking "real world" will only get you a bad headache and a free trip to insanityville. Always a bad idea, Jaws.

The roll-off is slightly better, but that way you never learn the rules. Look it up!

The Mondo has it. Page reference and all...sniff...makes a mod proud.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Even if I did typo disembarking.............................:biggrin:

And absolutely agree. Do NOT try to apply 'real world' Too many of the rules are game mechanics that make little to no sense if yout try to caompare them to the real world.

·
Registered
378 Posts
but they can move, shoot, and assault normally; except for firing Heavy/Rapid Fire weapons.

:)
Wait, I thought you could only assult out of a vehicle if it had assult ramps or was open topped? Have I missed something here?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You only need assault ramps etc if the vehicle moved before you disembarked, if it was stationary you're good to go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh, yes, assaulting out of a stationary vehicle is what it is all about. On T1 my Grey Hunters ride in their Rhino up behind one of my Las-Plas Razors and force the cover save due to extreme angle (or just are out of LoS). On T2 most games their Rhino pops smoke and they hunker down. On T3, they get out (lead man right on that 2" line from the door), then move 6", assault 6".

You wouldn't believe how many of my opponents say, "I thought their was no way that you were going to be able to assault me with them this turn." All I can really tell them is that since my guys are on a 25mm base, if you can sight a straight line 14.984" from the door of a rhino without crossing terrain (25mm=2.5 cm=.98425 inch), then you can assault from that rhino in one turn. It's all about moving the lead man effectively, your opponent's 'Defenders React' move will take care of the rest. All you have to do is achieve B2B with that ONE guy.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Oh, yes, assaulting out of a stationary vehicle is what it is all about. On T1 my Grey Hunters ride in their Rhino up behind one of my Las-Plas Razors and force the cover save due to extreme angle (or just are out of LoS). On T2 most games their Rhino pops smoke and they hunker down. On T3, they get out (lead man right on that 2" line from the door), then move 6", assault 6".

You wouldn't believe how many of my opponents say, "I thought their was no way that you were going to be able to assault me with them this turn." All I can really tell them is that since my guys are on a 25mm base, if you can sight a straight line 14.984" from the door of a rhino without crossing terrain (25mm=2.5 cm=.98425 inch), then you can assault from that rhino in one turn. It's all about moving the lead man effectively, your opponent's 'Defenders React' move will take care of the rest. All you have to do is achieve B2B with that ONE guy.
Oh how awesome :>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts