Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just read an interesting article on how smartphones are expected to start shrinking once again, the opposite of the last couple years trends.

So here is the question, it's a muti-parter:

1. What phone do you use
2. Do you think larger is better, or more of a minimalistic when it comes to phones.

Bonus question, how do you access heresy?

Go!

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Droid 4

It is about the limit as to how big I want a phone to be, any bigger and it might as well be a tablet.

Tapatalk and chrome for the supporter chat if I'm on my phone.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motorola RAZR Maxx

I am probably going to upgrade to a phablet next upgrade. S4 and Tab3 have my attention the most but I am a spec man, so maybe something nicer will cover out.

Tapatalk 2 (beta testing 4, so far it sucks) and dolphin when I pop on chat.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
HTC 4G LTE.

I think this phonne being larger is better than my 4G was as well as my HTC Hero. Smaller screens are more difficult for me to see and focus on as well as type.

I access Heresy from my phone, 24/7 the site is on it. I don't usr Tapatalk nor anything else where I do voice to text. I should probably look into that and the other features on this thing.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I used to have the original Iphone it did everything I wanted and I liked it but truthfully I didn't want it after two years. So I got rid of it and went with a samsung rugby 2.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
HTC ONE

I like it, it's a good size. About the same as a Samsung Galaxy.

I access Heresy on it sometimes if I'm out just using the web app. I tried tapatalk with another forum once but I didn't like the interface.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
HTC One and an Iridium Extreme (I know the latter is not a smart phone but it can be used as a hot spot for stuff)

Size does not matter.

My computer.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Samsung Xcover.
Android Rugged Phone, big screen.

Easily the best phone I've ever had.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
iPhone 4S

I prefer smaller phones. Tried an Galaxy S3 Mini for a while, but it was too wide and thick for my taste.

I access Heresy via Safari on whatever device I happen to hold in my hand at the time.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G, which for me is just about perfect.
It's got a good sized screen, a fast processor, plenty of memory and a great five-row keyboard. It's thicker than a lot of phones in its size range but not enough to be a problem

I love keyboard phones and I find the trend of bigger touch-only tablet phones a bit distressing.

I miss my Sidekick 4G, which was a great size, had probably the single best keyboard of any android based phone, and kicked the screen out at an angle when the keyboard was deployed, which was very comfortable to look at when writing.

I hate onscreen keyboards, even swype type ones, which are handy but still no substitute for hitting keys with thumbs. I do a lot of writing on my phone and having a responsive, easy to use keyboard is a huge plus.

I see people with the huge flat tablet-style phones and I wonder how they actually use them as phones. It's got to be awkward to hold a giant sheet of glass to your face. I never got into the whole bluetooth headset thing either, so that might inform my prejudices.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use bluetooth headsets exclusively as I hate holding a phone to my face, small or large.

The Tab 2 Jezlad has bests out my tablet in tests and the Tab 3 is suppose to be even more beastly.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I like giving people an indication that I am on the phone and not a crazy person or intentionally ignoring them. holding a phone to the side of your face is the universal signal for "Leave me the fuck alone, I'm busy." my car has bluetooth, which is handy, but otherewise I'm fine doing it oldschool.

I just wish they'd make more keyboard phones, but everyone says they're a dying trend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts