Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone on Heresy, just moving my thread to here so this will be my project log for my Chaos Space marine warband known as the 'Disciples of Pandemus', I'll give you a breif introduction to explain what their all about:

The Disciples of Pandemus aquire their name from their highest commander; the bloated Daemon prince known as 'Pandemus' leads these unholy warriors from world to world, spreading Nurgle's plague-ridden glory.

Pandemus came to the be where he is now from an unlikely path, once a simple farmer on a remote agri world his planet was burned to ashes by the Chaos Warband 'The Purge'.

He was about to be executed when the most unexpected thing happened, the energies of Nurgle himself intervened and save the mans life, but corrupting him for ever more.

The Purge took him in and trained him in the use of weapons and warfare, the dark techpreists and apothacaries toiled late into the night for Pandemus to become like his mentors, fitting him with a suit of Mk.VI power armour to complete his initiation.

It didn't take him long to rise through the ranks and earn himself the status of champion among his brethren, he took part in the burning of dozens of worlds and constantly proved himself to the great father Nurgle.

However it all came crashing down for him when a newly risen Lord challenged Pandemus's will and after a long, grueling battle cast him out of The Purge, never to return again.

So Pandemus took his small band of men and formed a new warband, his followers named it the Disciples of Pandemus, and so he started a new era of his life, one that would lead him to daemonhood and of course, endless warfare.

So theres some background to my warband, hopefull that would of explained where they came from etc.

Now onto the Modelling! :biggrin:

Here is a 'to do' list for this warband, I'll make the writing green if the unit in question is complete and red if not, also I've added some 'in between' colours for models that are half-way or getting there, orange = assembly underway and blue = painting underway. (I'll be adding to this list quite alot as well so what you see at the moment is not everything, just everything in a reasonable price range for the moment):

Characters

Daemon Lord Pandemus - 1st in command, the great unclean Lord of the warband.
Lord Adriel Guul - Pandemus's 2nd in command, ruthless tactician and combat veteran, usually accompanied by his Terminator council.
Champion Un'Keth - Lord Guul's right hand man, champion of the Terminator council and skilled warrior.
Champion Ilkor - Champion of squad Ilkus, shows extreme promise in defensive tactics.
Champion Grenell - Champion of squad Greneth, enjoys watching his victims suffer, usually deploys with a rhino.

Followers

Squad Ilkus - Lead by Ilkor, this squad are the first choice when it comes to defence.
Squad Greneth - Deadly combatants, they follow Grenell into the wildest situations and are triumphant.
Guul's council - Five man Terminator unit that accompany Lord Guul pretty much everywhere, they have been around longer than most.

Vehicles/allies

Plague defiler of Nurgle - It's ugly.

Now that thats out of the way, now for some actual images, first up we have a completed Lord Guul (he is based, but not in this picture):

He has alot of GS work on him, this was my first actual attempt at a full-ish conversion and I am rather pleased with how I assembled the guy.

For the colour scheme I've gone with bright armor (near Rotting Flesh) and slightly darker mouldyness (closer to Bubonic Brown, but there are lots of variations).

Next up I have started squad Ilkus and what better way to start than by finishing the champion, so here he is:

I've also been working on the squad members, only done one so far but here he is, only five more to go!

Hope you enjoyed the first installment of my progress, next update should be very soon. Cheers! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eeek! Just found out that my local GW is holding an apocalypse game this saturday where you can bring all of your models and form a rag-tag band with them!

One Plague Marine to finish, three to paint and my super secwit Khorne Lord I knocked up and converted to do. All in one day? Bring it on!!! :suicide:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
These are brilliant. Beautiful desirable models...........Hang on, this isn't a slaneesh thread.
Disgusting, vile, putrescent, pustular avatars of evilness.
Truly excellent. Really nicely done gs work and painting.
Most repworthy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback and rep guys! Makes my day to get nice comments. :)

But after my painting marathon I achieved a few things: firstly a broken paintbrush which resulted in my nipping to my local store to buy a new one, second a disfigured spine and thirdly a complete plague marine squad! Woop woop! Completed and based all seven now but I still have my Khorne Lord to do...

Late night tonight I think...

Will post pictures within the next few days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Awsome! Some really good GS work, looks like its seeping out of every joint in their armour

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice disgusting rot you got going on here. Outside of Nurgle that would be something that would never be considered a compliment. Haha.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I seen another post you made in another thread earlier, saying how when you first started the hobby you wheren't a good painter, but then after a few year gap and you got back into it, you seemed to improve without practice.

I feel exactly the same, when I started at around 14 I was a god aweful painter, and then stopped playing for a few years, and found when I started collecting again I had improved seven-fold, I couldn't believe it. Its probably to do with having a lot more patience, and hobbying properly, where as before I used to just glue glue glue and rush them out to try get them on the table top.

But these models look very sick indeed so far, as a nurgle/Death Guard player myself I really like your colours, and some of the GS work you've done is looking really nice. Keep it up I will be looking forward to more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, the feedback is well appreciated!

@foulacy: Yeah I was a typical youngster rushing everything too, and you're right you do get more patient as you get older, I tend to take my time and approach things more maturely now instead of "Hey I just bought a box of Marines!" *an hour later* "All done!" haha. :laugh:

The Nurgly business has been slow lately, I've been taking my time with the next member of the termie squad, mainly because this will be my last box of 40K for a good couple of months as I have some saving to do for a new guitar so I'm trying to make them last.

Terminator number two has been completed over the past couple of weeks or so and here he is:

And here's a cool little custom weapon I made for him:

Hit me with some comments guys and tell me what you make of him, would appreciate it! Cheers!

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
to hell with the guitar, paint that shit up ... I love to see the art of people that are very good. By far better than I can do at the moment. Its funny now that I think about it, I like the look of nurgle stuff but can not bring myself to even paint dirt on my vehicles. Great work keep it up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts