Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone here at Heresy, I've recently started Nurgle devoted Chaos warband as a conversion/painting project that in the end I intend to game with as well, so far its proving to be good fun and I hope you will enjoy what I have to show! :biggrin:

Well first up is my Terminator Lord, I originally intented to buy a Terminator squad first, but the recent GW price rise left me just that little bit short, so I bought this guy instead:

He has alot of GS work on him, this was my first actual attempt at a full-ish conversion and I am rather pleased with how I assembled the guy.

Painting wise I went with a contrasting colour scheme: relatively bright armour and an overall dark mould/Nurgliness/cheese/infection thing haha. :)

After this I went out and got myself a box of Chaos Marines I would cut, stick and bash into some lovely Plague Marines, At the moment they are still in progress but I have finished the champion so I'll let you have a peep at him:

And the back...

Anyway I hope you enjoyed, all your thoughts are welcome and I'll update this thread whenever I have some new stuff ready! Cheers.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Welcome to Heresy! I really like these, they have a sort of distorted feel to them in my eyes. I like those boil things on the first model alot, delightfully sickening :) have some rep mate, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

Like the Nurgle stuff you have going on here. That champion is pretty slick! I also like the pustules on the Lord...

Pardon me while I go vomit...

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
definitly some nasty shit... +rep excellent nurgle work

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Great job with everything, but the name made me think khorn.
yeah the name is abit off, feeling more Khornate, i got that feeling too.

make them children of puss, putricide, etc something death / putrid. over hate rage ish

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Children of the Plague maybe? Idk. Tbh.... The GS is a bit over the top for me but it looks good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks alot guys, it means alot to get such great feedback!

The metal (Bolt pistol. Lightning Claws, &c.) appears a little clean compared to the rest though.
Well I agree, I've been meaning to rough them up abit with rust but I don't know how to go about doing it at the moment. :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
+ rep for the great job.

I've been toying w/ 2 techniques for rusted looks.

1st: faster method.
  • base coat with vermin brown or even as dark as scorched brown
  • dry brush with fiery orange.

2nd: (read about in WD)
  • base coat w/ dark flesh
  • stippling w/ bestial brown
  • 2nd stippling with Blazing orange

good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
For rusted metal, I use the vallejo pigments. Have a look at my Killa Kans in my project log for an idea of the effect. All you need to do is work the pigment into the area you want rusted and set it with ethanol

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
...I've been meaning to rough them up abit with rust but I don't know how to go about doing it at the moment. :(
If you are looking for a quicker technique then I have had some success with:

(1) Stipple watered down Bestial Brown randomly to give areas of corrosion;

(2) Devlan Mud wash across the entire area to indicate lack of polishing.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
These are Beautiful(in a vile putrescent kind of way) fantastic work, really impressive models. Love the conversions and the paint job. I agree with dave t about the shiny metals but that is really minor. Truly top notch work. Repworthy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for more great comments and rep guys, really makes me want to do more! And on this occasion I have done more, here is a new Plague Marine fresh of the conveyor belt, and I've rusted up the metal.

Pictures aren't too great on this guy but I am happy with him, with him and the rest of his squad I have given them sacks over their heads, or in other words a 'baghead' look. :wink:

Be sure to tell me what you think, cheers guys. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts