Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I gave him a “Bionic Wolf head on a wire” if you can see it on the top left.

Rocking out with his Bolter out! His Bolter was mounted below his torso. I always thought holding a Bolter and wielding a huge Thunder Hammer was a little much even for Runic Armour. I thought the Mechanicus Bionic eye worked well as a targeter for the Bolter.

The “Thunder Ax”. An Iron Priest needs an ax AND a hammer right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I finished up my cyberwolves conversions. Power plants added to all of them and I did some fur with green stuff.

There is always a wolf that gets stuck with the standard

Some rear views

Single exhaust

Triple exhaust equals triple the horse power :)

I call this one shaggy

Group shot

On to the next conversions

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The MOtW, Standard bearer, and Melta Gun.

This Brother Wolf and his squad were charged with holding down a city street intersection and were attacked by a battle wagon of Burner Boyz. After taking Small arms and hits from flame throwers he unleashed his Melta exploding the wagon. His squad was then assaulted by mobs of Orcs. When the smoke cleared the Orc dead were in the dozens and he found himself the lone survivor of his squad.

As a reward for his service he was gifted a sought after Wolf helmet of which he hasn’t taken off in decades. His true name has been lost to myth and is known now simply as the Sun Wolf, Hero of the Battle of 4 Corners.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Mr. Old School.

Lupus the Dread. I painted him over ten years ago when I was working for GW. This is one of the old Bjorn Pewter models. It has survived 4 cross country travels and me living out of a duffle bag. I can't believe it still has paint on it.

My personal Red Violin.

Not to advocate drinking but I was totally sauced and nearly wacked the tip of my finger off with an razor knife when I built/painted this guy. A little but of blood is in that paint.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
There are some really nice conversions you have here James. I really like what you did with the spear of Russ, pretty cool looking mate, same with most of the other weapon conversions as well. The shoulder gaurds look great too, however the wolf lord with the two lightning claws, his wolf helmet looks a little to large....but thats a minuet thing. Keep up the good work man.

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
There are some really nice conversions you have here James. I really like what you did with the spear of Russ, pretty cool looking mate, same with most of the other weapon conversions as well. The shoulder gaurds look great too, however the wolf lord with the two lightning claws, his wolf helmet looks a little to large....but thats a minuet thing. Keep up the good work man.

Regards,
DoE
Thank you for saying that! I like the duel lightning claw termie but have been up in the air about his wolf helm. I originally thought it would be cool. I have been toying with one other idea for him and I think I will do it instead. I like the idea of making him a "Cerabus" or some kind of two headed dog of Fenris. I was thinking of joining two smaller helms to create the look. I will get to work on it and see what you think!

Again thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I like the idea of making him a "Cerabus" or some kind of two headed dog of Fenris. I was thinking of joining two smaller helms to create the look. I will get to work on it and see what you think!
Well, even tho it sounds like a great idea, I however believe that it will be very hard to pull off. Cerabus have three heads and trying to get three or even two of them together will still leave you in the same rut as before (large helmet, takes away from the model as a whole) I am sorry I cant add anymore advice as I have never collected space wolves or modeled any for that matter. Hopefully someone else here on Heresey can "Toss you a bone" ....LOL!

Regards,
DoE

21 - 38 of 38 Posts