Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I am just glad to be done with the build. I will paint it up in a month or so. I started on my next build already and close to done. Iron Priest on "Thunderwolf" and Cyberwolves. Looking good so far...

Sneak peak

The Priest carries a bolter and a Thunder Hammer... Way to much to carry! I converted a Storm Bolter, Mechanicus artifact (A targeter in my world due to the bionic eye), and a Space Wolf Bolter.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is an Iron Priest with beautiful pets? They are not complete yet. I am still working out their power plants and deciding if I like the Lightning Claws on them. They are cool but I need more of a “Mech look”.

Running with the Pack

I set the Cyberwolves next to other models in my army just to get the feel of them. Check out the old Grampa Iron Priest there… Painted him 10 years ago I think? Gramps has been watching over the new Iron Priests construction.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks

Thanks BobPanda... I stumbled across your work a long time ago and your work has been an inspiration to me as well! I love your stuff! My Ven Dread was a inspiration based on your Dreadrider... Dig it!

I have some other ideas in the work. Maybe I could pick your brain over them...

James

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I gave him a “Bionic Wolf head on a wire” if you can see it on the top left.

Rocking out with his Bolter out! His Bolter was mounted below his torso. I always thought holding a Bolter and wielding a huge Thunder Hammer was a little much even for Runic Armour. I thought the Mechanicus Bionic eye worked well as a targeter for the Bolter.

The “Thunder Ax”. An Iron Priest needs an ax AND a hammer right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I finished up my cyberwolves conversions. Power plants added to all of them and I did some fur with green stuff.

There is always a wolf that gets stuck with the standard

Some rear views

Single exhaust

Triple exhaust equals triple the horse power :)

I call this one shaggy

Group shot

On to the next conversions

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The MOtW, Standard bearer, and Melta Gun.

This Brother Wolf and his squad were charged with holding down a city street intersection and were attacked by a battle wagon of Burner Boyz. After taking Small arms and hits from flame throwers he unleashed his Melta exploding the wagon. His squad was then assaulted by mobs of Orcs. When the smoke cleared the Orc dead were in the dozens and he found himself the lone survivor of his squad.

As a reward for his service he was gifted a sought after Wolf helmet of which he hasn’t taken off in decades. His true name has been lost to myth and is known now simply as the Sun Wolf, Hero of the Battle of 4 Corners.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts