Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to try a nice themed list for Eldar. A friend of mine called dibs on a pure jetybike army so I'm doing Dire Avengers as they are also my favorite Eldar unit and shrine.
Feels weird having no Psykers in an Eldar army....
We rarely have fliers in our local shop so im not too concerned about the distinct lack of anti air. At higher points I'd add answers to fliers.

Also, in a list like this I feel like objective secured is more valuable than a garunteed 6 inch run that requires me to take several units I don't particularly want to.
Other than that, what do you guys think? Its meant to be highly mobile, have answers to pretty much anything and still have a Dire Avenger theme.

Main Detachment:-

HQ-Warlord
Asurman

Troops-
Windriders x 3- 3x Scatterlasers

Heavy Support
Fire prism x 2

Avenger Shrine formation-
Dire Avengers – 10 men, Exarch with Diresword and pistol
Dire Avengers – 10 men
Dire Avengers – 10 men

Dedicated Transports for Dire Avengers-
Wave serpent x 3, with Bright lance, t/l shuriken catapault

Total-1508 points

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Only 1 dire avenger squad can have an exarch if you take the dire avenger shrine so that's saved you some points. I'd get a couple more jetbikes as squads of three die quite quickly if they annoy my opponents. I'd also be tempted to save points on the fire prisms as I like mine far away, using the 60" range rather than being in 24" shuriken cannon range

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Only 1 dire avenger squad can have an exarch if you take the dire avenger shrine so that's saved you some points. I'd get a couple more jetbikes as squads of three die quite quickly if they annoy my opponents. I'd also be tempted to save points on the fire prisms as I like mine far away, using the 60" range rather than being in 24" shuriken cannon range
Excellent suggestions! Many thanks! Didn't notice the restriction behind all the fantastic bonuses to the formation. Those all do indeed save me quite a lot of points.
The jetbikes were only there to fill in two easy troop spots and take out light vehicles/pressure troops.
I'll probably end up giving them the scatter lasers for an additional range advantage.
I shall update the list now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts