Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started with a competitive edge in mind but strayed with the hobbyist in me when I was assembling my minis :D does this still retain a semblance of a good (ish) list or did I completely lose my s h i t!?

CCS; Vox, Regimental banner, Missile launcher, MoO - Chimera; HF&ML

Veterans; 2 Plasmaguns, Lascannon, Vox

Veterans; 2 Plasmaguns, Lascannon, Vox

Aegis defense line; Quad-gun

(I figured these would complement each other as a back field formation. Orders to augment shooting or GTG + GBINF for an almost constant 2++)

Platoon 1

PCS; 3 Grenade launchers, Vox

IS; Missile launcher, Meltagun, Vox
IS; Missile launcher, Meltagun
Commissar; Power sword

SWS; 3 Flamers

Platoon 2

PCS; 3 Grenade launchers, Vox

IS; Autocannon, Plasmagun, Vox
IS; Autocannon, Plasmagun
Commissar; Powe sword

SWS; 3 Flamers

(Line troops to advance or dig in under orders etc. I went for SWS with 3 instead if an IS with a single flamer to act as a screen to receive assaults to improve wall of death and increase likelihood of them getting wiped after a charge :D alternatively they can hide behind the blobs with the commands until required)

Vendetta

Demolsher

Exterminator; Triple heavy bolters

Executioner: Sponson plasma cannons, Hull lascannon

(armoooooooooured fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire pooooooooweeeeeeeeer)

That leaves 20pts to play with... maybe cammo nets on the chim?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Who are your most common opponents?

Your elite killer plasma vets don't have much mobility, have you considered shuffling things to get them in chimeras also?

Grenade launchers add a little punch but not too much, I'd personally not bother with them in platoon command squads in favour of points invested in firepower elsewhere. A mortar may be a good option though, the longer range makes it much more effective.

Powerswords on the commissars are ok but really you'll find they tend to get killed in close combat before they make themselves felt (against marines, anyway)

Otherwise, looks good. Lots of bodies, lots of tanks, a quad gun and your flyer to hunt tanks or other flyers with.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see your point about the Vets... and I agree about grenade launchers. Had a small game yesterday and they added nothing of worth but then I do want them to stay mobile. I did alot of moving yesterday with my combined squad (only used one yesterday) and having them in range to order my SWS to MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! saved the game for me!

(landraider full of 'zerkers! @1000points isn't nice!... Only knocked off 3 HPs before he reached my men, I used orders to make it so his only options were to assault either my PCS or SWS. He maneuvered to hit my SWS to line up shots from his 'raider... worked a treat, wall of death claimed a couple, albeit luckily and they got torn apart to the man... next turn, shooty shooty dead zerkers and dead lord :D )

Yeah, I mostly play Marines, GK, chaos, Nids, eldar and dark eldar, so a varied lot.

I've put my CCS in a Chim because helldrakes = dead CCSs XD

I am tempted to drop the Vets down to infantry squads with 1 PG, they can still twin link with orders.

PWs on Comms = crap, did little to nothing. He was far better at just making them hold they're ground under fire. They're gone :D

Now consider this (after considering your advice and learning a few things this weekend)

CCS; Vox, Regimental banner, Missile launcher, MoO - Chimera; HB&ML

IS; Plasmaguns, Lascannon, Vox

IS; Plasmagun, Lascannon, Vox

Aegis defense line; Quad-gun

Platoon 1

PCS; Grenade launcher, Vox

IS; Missile launcher, Meltagun, Vox
IS; Missile launcher, Meltagun
Commissar

SWS; 3 Flamers

Platoon 2

PCS; Grenade launcher, Vox

IS; Autocannon, Plasmagun, Vox
IS; Autocannon, Plasmagun
Commissar

SWS; 3 Flamers

Vendetta

Demolsher

Exterminator; Triple heavy bolters

Executioner: Sponson plasma cannons, Hull lascannon

NOW! That leaves 130 Points unmolested!! ;)

I've got all the things I love in my list, thematically speaking (Commissars, Officers, Grunts, AA gun, Air support, and lots of tanks... my 3 favorite tanks too!) so I'm really up for anything after this and open to suggestion.

Off the top of my head;

3 Scout sentinals with 3 Auto cannons and a HKM?
A hell hound variant? (could advance behind my demolisher which forces most people into cover and then BAM! no cover for you!:p)
Another 'Detta/valk..... yawn
An elite option?.... HA, no really?

go on then folk, finish my army list for me hahaha. 130pts left, GO!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So ATM I've got around 1500 point to date.

What I have synergizes very well. I form 2 battle groups of 20 men, 1 leman Russ and a PCS that I try and keep mobile and the remaining infantry and CCS form my defensive line with the ADL and AA-gun.

I feel my AA is adequate as is AT (for my meta at least) but what I'd really like is a unit or two that can adequately put multiple wounds on T7/8 MCs and take hull points off high AV at range. Also my commands are V fragile and almost free KPs (not to meantion first blood).

Units in green are what I currently have and I'm happy with so they aren't up for too much discussion and the ones in red are what I'm planning to add. I'll spin a little dit at the end to explain my choices a little ;)

CCS - missile launcher, vox, regimental standard, master of pie plates, cammo cloaks.

PCS - 5 tickets for the next one way journey alla le Vendatta

Infantry squad - plasma gun, las cannon,
Infantry squad - plasma gun, las cannon, vox,
Commissar.

7 Ratling snipers.

ADL - Quad auto-gun

PCS - 3 flamers, vox,
Chimera - multilaser, heavy flamer.

Infantry squad - plasma gun, auto cannon,
Infantry squad - plasma gun, auto cannon, vox, Commissar.

PCS - 3 flamers, vox,
Chimera - multilaser, heavy flamer.

Infantry squad - melta gun, missile launcher,
Infantry squad - melta gun, missile launcher, vox, Commissar.

Vendetta gunship.

Leman Russ executioner - sponson plasma cannons, hull las cannon.

Leman Russ exterminator - sponson heavy bolters, hull heavy bolter.

Manticore missile carrier.

So my thoughts ATM are chimeras for PCSs so I can protect them (also adding to the armoured wall that I often use to cover my blobs as they advance also I can add an av14 frontage to protect the chimera in turn).

Camo for CCS (as they are back liners always wrapped in a blob and ADL... Speaking of which, they usually man the AA-gun which draws attention so a new commi to man it in a blob to take they heat off the CCS), Rattling snipers to add cheap Wounds to MCs and a manticore.... Because, well... They're awesome models.

An additional bare bones pcs to ride the vendetta with the sole purpose of being 5 scoring wounds for a turn 6 gravshute insertion to land on an objective (I can advance adequately with my blobs but it's almost always a battle of attrition).

Oh, and the Russ' can swap the turrets to spread the plasma around a bit I suppose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts