Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this situation come up the other night.

The opponent has a squad with all but one models firmly in difficult terrain each with 2" coherency.

I lined up a squad like a train, and placed the lead model at what turned out to be 5 inches from the one model out of terrain.

Then I declared the assault. The lead model will easily contact his outside model, but none of my others would get close to any of his others and would instead do their best to be within 2" of the lead model in base to base.

He says I needed to take a difficult terrain test because there was a possibility my other models would need to pass thru the terrain and your not allowed to pre-measure.

I say I wouln't because it was proven after the fact that none of my free models could have passed into the terrain with their 6" move.

Which is correct?

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
You cannot "pre-measure" before declaring the Assault. After declaring you measure to see if you are within 6" of any models in terrain. If, going by the requirements of the assault move, you must enter the terrain then you must take the test. Otherwise, no test.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Not that I am aware of. You already made the declaration to do so, just like declaring a target for shooting then measuring. It's before you roll to fire, but after declaring.

All you're measuring is to see if a test is required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts