Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is whether it is legal to say, take swords and shields in the first rank and halberds in the second rank of a squad of Chaos Warriors.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It is technically legal, because you payed the points, but all models in the unit must fight with the same weapon, which could get tricky if you have say 10 models, 5 shields 5 halberds.

I like the sig by the way ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is technically legal, because you payed the points, but all models in the unit must fight with the same weapon, which could get tricky if you have say 10 models, 5 shields 5 halberds.

I like the sig by the way ;)
thanks for the info. yea the sig is pretty sick.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Used to be able too, it was common to find warriors with a weapon for every situation, but now you must use your special weapon. I.e. If you have shields and halbers you have to fight with the halberds.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
now can you pay the points for different weapons and use them at different times?
If your guys can actually purchase more than one special weapon (eg. If they have the option to take both a halberd and a Great Weapon), you can carry as many as you want. Note that not many units even get the option to take more than one weapon, so double check the unit entry to see if they can buy more than one. Units get to choose at the beginning of each combat which weapon the unit as a whole will use. You must then use that weapon for the rest of the combat, and cannot change.

Also, if you have a special weapon you have to use it, so if you get halberds or great weapons for your Warriors, they can't use the Hand-weapon/shield option at all.

Hope that helps :)

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
... if you have a special weapon you have to use it, so if you get halberds or great weapons for your Warriors, they can't use the Hand-weapon/shield option at all.
For completeness, they are only forced to use the special weapon in close combat, so can still gain an increased save from a shield against shooting attacks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts