Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much I wanted to know if a unit of Jump Infantry can use their Jump Packs for movement if they are joined by a non-Jump Infantry model that is still capable of moving the 12".

The two units I have in mind when asking this question is Chaos Raptors joined by a Chaos Lord on Khorne Juggernaut. Obviously the Juggernaut would not be able to just move over terrain like the Raptors, but if I avoided trying to move over walls or through area terrain, could they both move 12"?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yes. Even ICs that can only move 6" can join Jump Infantry units. However they move, they just have to stay in coherency. In my example it can result in a stretched out unit but you should be fine.

Reactions: pattywhacker

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Yeh this was one of the surprise changes in 6th Ed. A jump pack character can hang at the back of a unit in the enemy turn but leap to the front before the charge, makes the dreaded "Shrike Move" legal

Reactions: pattywhacker

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet cheers for that guys. Intending to run them as allies for Tau in a sweeping sort of role, so needed something with good movement. Loved the Juggernaut model and a few friends initially thought I wouldnt be able to have him with the Raptors. Glad you two cleared it up for me. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts