---

long fangs x5
4x missiles

long fangs x5
4x missiles

long fangs x5
4x missiles

------total-------

the idea here is using the wolf guard as troops without using the special weapons or terminator armor. you have one unit to sit back and shoot off of the home objective with some fangs and a dread (grey hunters). 8 possible targets a turn which i think is decent enough target saturation. auto cannons and missiles for monsters and light to mid tanks. one LC isnt really great for anti landraider but i have 9 combi meltas and a multimelta, that seems good enough. the dread would have 2 auto cannons but i needed the points else where. but if they get closer the assault cannon wont hurt.

logan ends up with fangs or, more likely, the redeemer unit. if i see a landraider list he may go with the fangs for some more S9 shots. but S9 meltas are just as awesome.

the list is pretty much split down the middle with cc units and shooting. plenty of anti tank and good anti infantry.

wolf guard being scoring and pretty tough in cc is nice. 2 fists on different guys, each with a combi melta. so the other guys have 2 cc weapons and get 4 attacks on the charge, LD9, MotW for rending and some extra attacks and they have the other combi melta so it doesnt take attacks away from the other guys. the landraider unit, if logan goes in there which he prolly will, would have a special usr, most likely preferred enemy. the wulfen in one of the rhinos has a combi melta and a storm bolter because i can do that and i had 3 points left, why not right?

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would still try and add some Termi's with Cyclone Missile launchers, one of the great strengths of Logan and using WG troops... you can throw them with the LFs or foot slog them with some power armor WG.

For 15 points a model I would give your LR wolf guard termi armor, take 6 and a CF with some combi weps or something. PA dudes will charge, kill something then get a battle cannon to the face.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
pretty good, Jono's idea of CML's is pretty good, and i'd be tempted by it.

i don't like LRRs, but that's a preference thing. i don't like them because once they're immobilized (and with one LR on the table, it could potentially be a bullet magnet) their limited range is a detriment.

make the Dread a true Rifleman and give him to TL AC

that's about it.

good hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts