Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can mathammer all day long but we all know it only really works on massed rolls. If you only roll 6 times for a certain weapon per game mathammer never works for it.

Having played awhile now I've noticed some crazy anomalies in rolling.

For example my Archon statistics wise you would think if you roll 6 dice you should roll at least one 1, and fail his 2+ inv save. However thats has yet to happen in probably 50+ rolls.

Then there were the 3 elite carnifex's with Barbed stranglers, and rending claws. Who for some reason even needed a 5+ to hit hit more often than my Heavy carnifex's with TL barbed stranglers that needed 4's.

I've also seen 7 out of 10 Space Marines fail their armor saves in one turn. The crazy part they only had to make 8 saves in total.

Just curious to if anybody else noticed the insane things that happen that shouldn't happen on the whim of your random number generator cubes?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i've seen a unit of sisters pass 14 3+ armour saves. a unit of terminators fail 3 armour saves from lasguns. And a master fail to hit with every attack in combat even with master crafting

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Personnally I cant make a Terminator AS to save my life buy they can make their Invulns all day long. Remeber.. even god dies on ones so try to make your saves like Jesus!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i noticed that if i roll my marine saves one at a time, i nearly always pass. (my regular opponents have caught onto this fact as well...:biggrin:) I rarely roll saves en masse for this reason.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i've found that even Fire Warriors can be a pain against Termies...... i lost three termies against Fire Warriors CC, cos i rolled three 1s in a row and people hate my Thousand Sons...... i had all kinds of fire hailing down on them in one turn, lascannon and anything else that IG can have, those that couldn't give AS i passed on fours, while i failed most of my three ups...... still they went like that whole game and won it for me, loot counters, i got them all :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
The most common and irkesome trait my dice have is rolling exactly one less than I need to. To the extent of rolling half a dozen dice and rolling 5 fives but no sixes when I needed sixes.

My dice aren't just random, they're spiteful.:mad::spiteful:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also there was a game where my Archon assaulted a Demon prince. He failed to wound on a 4+ out of 6 hits. The Demon prince attacked back with 3 hits. His weapon ignored inv saves so he needed 1 wound to kill my Archon on a 2+. He hit twice, and rolled two 1's.

Shortly afterwards the demon prince was assaulted by a pack of warp beasts, and torn to shreds by them.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I once shot a squad with my battle wagon's 5 bolt on big shootas (15 dice) and missed every single one.

I think I have also managed to get 15 hits once as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts