1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
photo uploading
free image hosting
image post

Dice Coins are a completely new take on dice. They work just as well as regular gaming dice but allow amazing artwork to be displayed on each one. They can also be used as stat counters and markers.

• Designed to military challenge coin standards.
    Made from solid brass.
    Each coins weighs over 2 ounces.
    Coins are 2 inches (50.8 mm) in diameter.
    Epoxy coating protects the artwork.
    Plastic protective sleeve comes with each coin.
    Just as accurate as regular gaming dice.
    Dice Coins come in d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20

The common side of the coin has a knob molded into the metal. Players use one or two hands to spin the coin like a top. Once the coin is spinning at full speed (which just takes a second), the player puts their finger at the bottom of the coin and stops it.

The result is the number displayed in the first visible sector to the left of the player's finger. A sector is considered visible if you can completely see both of the sector lines surrounding the number. It is that simple.

Dice Coins is currently on kickstarter and you can see a video of the coins in action and learn more about their accuracy and other details. The link is below. Thank you for reading the post.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1719872687/dice-coins

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Have you tried this kickstarter before? I swear I've seen this exact product around the internets.

I could see it maybe being used for DnD, but with anything GW related it would be a huge waste of time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. I had a kickstarter called Ultra Coins which was successful. For this project, I used the same artwork for the prototypes (since the artwork is the major expense I am raising funds). Only for the prototypes--because that would be cheap to use it for a different project. All of that is on the kickstarter. And yes, it definitely works better for some games then others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts